Optimising the thermal performance of resistive devices with digital twins
Electronic devices require accurate thermal management such that components remain within their given thermal limits. However, due to the miniaturisation of electronic devices, there is an ever-increasing power density that requires efficient thermal management. By combining electromagnetics simulation and heat transfer analysis, insights into design requirements and improvements can be gained.
Live webinar on Thursday 16th May 2019 at 2pm UK time, and On Demand afterwards
This webinar will discuss how the COMSOL Multiphysics® software can be used to simulate Joule heating and the consequent thermal management within a resistive device. The presentation will conclude by expanding the earlier model into a standalone application that can be shared within your organisation. This webinar will include a live demonstration and a Q&A session.
Why you should attend:
- Visualise the thermal profile of the resistive devices
- Gain a unique insight into simulation-driven product development
- See case studies of real industrial examples
- View a live demonstration of the simulation process
Key learning outcomes from the webinar:
- Get an introduction to the COMSOL Multiphysics® software
- Learn the benefits of using a multphysics simulation approach
- Learn how easy it is to create multiphysics models which investigate a coupled electrical and thermal environment
- Live demonstration of how a model can be converted into a simulation application and shared with colleagues
Can’t make it? Watch on-demand!
Simply register to view the webinar at your convenience. All our webinars are available for 3 years after the event date, so you can tune in whenever’s best for you!
Sign up to the E&T News e-mail to get great stories like this delivered to your inbox every day.