Modelling Complex Cable Systems in COMSOL®
Modern cable systems ensure we have a consistent long-term electricity supply, and their safety and reliability depend on high-precision thermal calculations to ensure no part of the cable breaks down during operation. However, the process of modelling cable systems is complex due to the interplay of heat transfer, electromagnetics and material science. Register to watch this free webinar recorded with live Q&A on 20th May 2021 available on demand.
Join us for this webinar looking at an expanded 3D cable crossing model for analysing the conductor core temperature, as well as discussing the benefits of using a finite element analysis approach with COMSOL Multiphysics®. You will see a live demonstration in the COMSOL Multiphysics® software and Q&A.
Register for this webinar to learn about:
- A quick introduction to the IEC 60287 method for cable rating calculations
- Modelling precise soil dry out for a ducted system in accordance with National Grid’s TS2.05
- Efficiently truncating large thermal models with the use of Infinite Element Domains
- Modelling the heat transfer in and around a cable through conduction, convection and radiation
- Increasing the range of your model to simulate multiple complex cable crossings in 3D
- An insight into comparing COMSOL Multiphysics® with the traditional methods of cable rating through IEC 60287
Recorded with live Q&A on 20th May 2021 - watch on demand - register your interest
This free webinar is available for IET members and non-members.
Should you have any specific query please email Alex Macleod at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to the E&T News e-mail to get great stories like this delivered to your inbox every day.