IS Professionalism 2008 - presenting the new profession
The National Computing Centre̵7;s recent workshop programme re-cast the IT/IS professions as the key enablers of business transformation: on 18 March 2008 a conference will present the outputs of the NCC's IS Professionalism Programme to illustrate the relevance of the ISPP framework, and its application in business.
IET members can take advantage of a special discount attendance rate of £199 ̵1; £100 off the standard attendance cost.
Presentations will not be re-runs of workshop presentations; they will be updates on topical elements of the Programme, supported by case studies to illustrate the business benefits of effective people. The event is part of the ProfIT initiative launched in May 2006. The agenda will cover the following topic areas:
- Information as a strategic asset - the role of IS in the big picture
- Legislation and compliance - measuring commercial benefit
- Programme and change management
- Raising the board's awareness of IS
- Realising a return on IS investment
- Building and developing capability
- Professionalism - the supplier perspective
ISPP delegates £99 + VAT (Please use discount code)
NCC and IET members: £199 + VAT
Non members: £299 + VAT
Image: The IS Professionalism 2008 conference feeds into the ProfIT initiative
What do you think about the issues raised in this news story? Share your views at the Information Professional discussion forum.
More IT industry news from the IET