Aberdeen to host European Student Energy Summit
L-R: European Student Energy Summit 2014 co-organisers Lora Dimitrova and Malgorzata OIesiewicz.
Europe’s biggest student energy summit will be held in Aberdeen next June following a successful bid to stage the event.
Regional Student Energy Summits will occur simultaneously around the globe, with Aberdeen confirmed as the European winner, Mexico City winning the bid for Latin America and Cape Town hosting the African event. The winners in North America and Asia are yet to be announced.
“Competing with rival European universities to host this event was challenging – but nothing compared to what now lies ahead of us,” says co-organiser Lora Dimitrova, part of the student team behind the bid.
“Hosting this regional summit is a unique opportunity to highlight our country, city and university to some of the brightest young minds in energy. The event will address regional issues while simultaneously giving delegates a deep understanding of the role their region plays in global energy systems and dynamics.”
The organisers are now looking to recruit a student volunteers to help make the European Student Energy Summit (ESES) a reality.
“We are determined to put on the best summit possible, and to do that we need as many bright, enthusiastic volunteers as we can get,” says Lora. “Students can come from any academic discipline as long as they have an interest in energy and the role our generation can play in educating and influencing the way we power our society.”
"Climate change in Antarctica is leading to interest in extracting the region's natural resources, but there's the small matter of a treaty."
- China's first high-speed train export bid targets California
- Hitachi achieves read/write on 100 layer fused silica glass
- Medical devices under review over cyber-security flaws
- Green energy ambitions for 2030 under pressure at EU summit
- Expansion of drones pose security and privacy risk
- Hungary to tax Internet data transfers
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast