- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top 20 institutions of higher education.....
- Recruiter: The University of Edinburgh
- Bristol, England / Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness, England
Principal Electrical Engineer - Power Join our Electrical Power team and help design the self-contained generation and distribution system for the Successor submarine - a new generation of submarine designed to carry the UK's independent nuclear deterrent
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- England, Cambridgeshire
- £33000 - £39000 per annum
Operations Supervisor - (Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation) Salary: Circa £33k - 39k dependant on experience + vehicle and great additional benefits (share scheme, pension, potential bonus).Location: Wisbech - Cambridgeshire We currently have an excit
- Recruiter: National Grid
- England, Lancashire
- Competitive package
Would you like to be involved with training UK and international teams in Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) to support the in service fleet (Typhoon Tornado, and Hawk)?
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
What?s the opportunity? There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast paced roles, in...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Teddington, United Kingdom
- £24,109 - £27,961 plus EO Electronics PE of £8,090.00
We are now looking for a Metering Engineer to deliver RD’s In-Service Testing (IST) scheme for gas and electricity meters.
- Recruiter: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- £46,625 to £57,640 per annum
As an experienced Estates Manager, you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of the Estates service.
- Recruiter: The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- York, North Yorkshire
- c£45,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Nestlé Product Technology Centre in York currently has an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager
- Recruiter: Nestle
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
Longest double span suspension bridge wins award
The Taizhou Bridge, the world's longest double span suspension bridge, under construction
The world’s longest double span suspension bridge has won the grand prize at The Structural Awards 2013.
The Taizhou Bridge over the Yangtse River in Jiangsu Province, China, has been presented with The Supreme Award for Structural Engineering Excellence, as well as the Award for Highway or Railway Bridge Structures at the annual event organised by The Institution of Structural Engineers.
The bridge, designed by Jiangsu Provincial Communications Planning and Design Institute alongside AECOM Asia Company, is the world’s first long-span, three-tower suspension bridge, with two main spans of 1,080m.
In awarding the prize, the judges said: “This enormous project was an extraordinary achievement, which pushed the frontiers of suspension bridge technology to new heights. Bridge engineering has just moved forward by a very significant margin.”
Winners were announced on Friday, during a ceremony held at the Brewery in London.
President of The Institution of Structural Engineers, Y K Cheng said: “The Institution of Structural Engineers holds The Structural Awards each year to showcase the challenging environments in which engineers work and the complex structures they help to raise.
“The aim is to recognise the range of skills that characterise our global profession, raise awareness among the general public, and encourage young people into structural engineering careers.
“This year we have once again enjoyed a high standard of innovative entries and I congratulate all our winners on their achievements.”
For a full list of winner visit The Structural Awards website.
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Chip and pin compromised by hackers 'within a year'
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed
- MH370 search team may have looked in the wrong location for two years
- Lithuania launches campaign to lure away UK’s car-makers