- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are an innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new sol..
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Responsible for updating and writing electrical engineering standards, approved codes of practice and safe systems of work
- Recruiter: Affinity Water
- York, North Yorkshire
Senior electronics engineer to work as part of a team developing an MEG imaging system; working with the engineering team and external contractors.
- Recruiter: York Instruments
- Lostock Junction
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDAs deliverable commitments are met...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria, England
Team Leader - Flank Arrays Would you like to work in a unique role within the construction of the Astute Class submarines? We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader - Flank Arrays at our site in Barrow-in-Furness. As a Team Leader - Flank Arrays, you
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- circa £35,000 per annum + bonus
Develop new test equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. Good opportunities to grow and develop. Successful family-owned and managed business.
- Recruiter: Copley Scientific Ltd
- Shropshire, Telford, England
Bridge Test Facility ManagerWe currently have a vacancy for a Bridge Test Facility Manager at our site in Telford with our Land UK business.As the Bridge Test Facility Manager, you will be part of our Test & Trials team, working closely with the Mili
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Birmingham, West Midlands
Our transport technology team in Birmingham is currently growing a highly skilled and customer-focused team to...
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
International Innovation Award winners announced by IET
SSTL's and Astrium UK's joint space-based radar NovaSAR was among the winners of this year's IET Innovation Awards [Credit: SSTL]
An online leak detection system for aerosol production, a space based radar and energy recovery systems were among winners of this year’s IET international Innovation Awards.
The winners, chosen from almost 400 entries from 30 countries received their trophies from Tim Campbell, former winner of the BBC’s The Apprentice, at a ceremony in the Brewery in London on Wednesday.
“This year’s competition has been the most international to date. It’s pleasing to see just how companies recognise the value of the IET’s international reach,” said IET president Barry Brooks.
“The winners were picked from a very impressive set of global innovations, and were recognised as the most forward thinking, pioneering advances in their fields.”
Some of the companies, including Team Consulting, OrganOx and Energy Recovery managed to score in more than one category. The UK’s Surrey Satellite Technology won in the Navigation and Surveillance Communication category together with EADS Astrium UK with their NovaSAR Space-Base Radar Imaging System.
The innovative synthetic aperture radar offers improved Earth observation capabilities at about 20 per cent of the cost of conventional radar missions.
“The SSTL and Astrium team is thrilled that our joint efforts on NovaSAR have been recognised with this coveted award,” said Tony Holt, SSTL’s Engineering Director who collected the award at The Brewery in London.
“As the first truly low-cost space radar system, NovaSAR will provide an innovative and affordable space system for the maritime domain,” he said.
The innovation awards are part of the IET’s activities to inspire engineering excellence. Last year, the IET provided over £500,000 to highlight excellence and research in the sector and encourage the next generation of engineers and technicians.
The full list of winners:
- Asset Management – Omnicom Engineering Ltd
- Built Environment – Cooltech Applications
- Communications – Qualcomm
- Consumer Electronics Technology – Wolfson Microelectronics plc
- Emerging Technology Design – Team Consulting Ltd and OrganOx Ltd
- Healthcare Technologies – Team Consulting Ltd and OrganOx Ltd
- Information Technology – Bournemouth University and Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Intelligent Systems – Team Consulting Ltd and OrganOx Ltd
- Measurement in Action – Cascade Technologies Ltd
- Model Based Engineering – CNH Belgium nv
- Navigation & Surveillance Communications – Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd and EADS Astrium UK Ltd
- Power/Energy – Energy Recovery
- Start-up – DCBPower Inc
- Sustainability – Energy Recovery
- Vehicle Technologies – ABB
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency
- Apple investigating electric vehicle charging stations
- HS2 to cost 'five times as much as TGV', study finds
- Robots threatening more jobs than immigrants, Labour MP says
- Nasa inflates Bigelow space station module
- Healthcare sensors to prevent falls and sunburn