BlackBerry services hit by global outage
BlackBerry were hit with a global outage this afternoon with many users reporting issues with accessing services
A global outage hit BlackBerry customers this afternoon with many users reporting issues with accessing services.
BlackBerry confirmed the problem on Twitter at about 2pm with the message: “Some of our customers may be experiencing issues with BlackBerry services. We are investigating and apologize for any inconvenience .”
Not all users were affected, and the firm posted a further message on its Twitter account just before 3.30pm saying: “All BlackBerry services are returning to normal levels. Apologies to any customers who experienced issues earlier.”
This incident does not seem to have been as serious as the infamous service disruption of 2011 that affected millions of BlackBerry customers around the world, but Twitter was awash with comments this afternoon pointing to a major service disruption.
A BlackBerry spokeswoman confirmed that the issue had been resolved saying: “As an update, we can confirm that our technical teams have addressed the issue and BlackBerry services are returning to normal levels.
“We apologize to customers for any inconvenience. We take all service issues, no matter how small, very seriously and through constant monitoring and investigation we aim to ensure our network meets customer expectations.”
BlackBerry is currently trying to spark a revival in its fortunes, with a new operating system and the firm’s first touchscreen phone, following dwindling market share in previous years but the latest outage may damage the firm’s credibility.
"Asimov's three laws of robotics debuted in a story set this year, in 2015. Will real robots be most like Robby, Terminator or the Synths?"
- Smartphone ‘eyes’ for blind developed in Google-funded project
- Renewable energy contribution hits record level
- Zero-emission engine begins testing
- Graphene-based sensor breaks sensitivity limits
- Government on target to support engineering apprenticeships
- Automatic speed-limit technology tested on London buses
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]