Cahaya Malaysia cable completed
Cahaya-Malaysia route map
The full route of Telekom Malaysia’s first private international submarine cable system, Cahaya Malaysia (CM), has been completed with the final connection at the Tseung Kwan O landing station in Hong Kong in late February.
Telekom Malaysia (TM) says the cable system is now fully operational, offering ultra-low latency connections from Malaysia to both Japan and Hong Kong.
It has been carrying Internet traffic between Malaysia and Japan since 20 August 2012.
The TM statement said that by using 40Gbit/s digital coherent optical transmissions technology, CM can reach its design capacity of 10Tbit/s.
The link has also been designed to support 100Gbit/s technology, which would significantly increase future design capacity.
Mohamad Rozaimy Rahman, TM’s executive vice president, carrier-to-carrier, said the landing of Cahaya Malaysia in Hong Kong would form the backbone in linking the company’s VADS Data Centre Hong Kong (VDCHK) with Malaysia and the rest of the world, strengthening TM’s information communications technology and business process outsourcing footprint outside Malaysia.
Cahaya Malaysia is TM’s wholly-owned 2-fibre-pair system within the 6-fibre-pair Asia Submarine Cable Express (ASCE) system linking Malaysia to Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Philippines.
ASCE was built in collaboration with NTT Communications Corp of Japan, Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co and Singapore’s StarHub.
"Even the smallest of creatures in the most far-flung places around the world are getting wired up for tracking"
- Honda unveils updated humanoid ASIMO robot
- 3D printing to transform aerospace manufacturing
- Self-service pacemaker monitoring cuts waiting times
- Smart glasses for blind succeed in Google's competition
- Lockheed Martin to help South Korea build fighter jet
- World’s darkest material unveiled at Farnborough
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast