Brazil orders 1,000 JCB backhoe loaders
JCB has secured an order worth £40 million from the Brazilian government
Construction giant JCB has secured a £40m order from the Brazilian government for more than 1,000 backhoe loaders, the world-renowned digger which made the company famous.
The contract will be handled at JCB's new factory in Sao Paulo but will also bring benefits to its transmissions and axles factory in Wrexham and its headquarters in Rocester, Staffordshire.
Now sold in 120 countries, JCB's backhoe loader was first made in Rocester in 1953 and recently achieved a 500,000-production milestone.
The 1,000 machines ordered by Brazil's ministry of agrarian development will be put to work improving rural roads to ensure food produced for sale gets to market quicker.
A similar number were delivered to the same customer last year.
JCB chief executive Alan Blake said it is an important deal for JCB: "It is huge testament to the quality and versatility of JCB's backhoe loaders and it's fantastic to win an order of this size as we celebrate 60 years of backhoe loader production this year."
Current production rates see one backhoe machine roll off one of the company's manufacturing lines every three minutes.
Despite the maturity of the backhoe loader, it is still one of the world's biggest selling pieces of construction machinery.
"Immigration is no longer the elephant in the room. These days, everyone is talking about it. They are just not saying all the right things."
- Hybrid connected system a step forward for quantum computing
- Type 1 diabetes device is 'step towards artificial pancreas'
- Intelligence agencies at loggerheads with cyber criminals
- Tactile internet: 5G and the Cloud on steroids
- £20m to get UK rid of polluting cabs
- Facebook’s secret drone test flight in the UK
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.