- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- London (Greater)
- £25,000 - £30,000 starting salary, inclusive of on-target commissions.
Precision Microdrives (PMD) is a fast growing technology company that designs, produces and trades miniature electro-mechanical mechanisms
- Recruiter: Precision Microdrives
- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new soluti...
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Uppsala (Stad) (SE)
The Swedish Institute of Space Institute (IRF) in Uppsala search for an analogue electronics engineer.
- Recruiter: Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF)
- Southampton, Hampshire
- £45,271 to £49,207 per annum
Responsible for technical oversight and project management of internally and externally funded innovation centre projects.
- Recruiter: National Oceanographic Centre
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Mott MacDonald's highly successful Water and Environment Unit is recruiting an electrical engineer....
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Mott MacDonald's highly successful water business continues to win and deliver a fantastic amount of work....
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Opportunity to join a very dynamic, responsive and multinational Launcher team, focussed on rapid development, proving and manufacture to meet challenging programme...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Scotland, Glasgow
Technical Design Authority - Marine Systems (Mechanical) Would you like to play an exciting and varied role working with the River Class Batch 2 (RCB2) vessels for the Royal Navy? We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Design Authority - Marine Syste
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
Brazil orders 1,000 JCB backhoe loaders
JCB has secured an order worth £40 million from the Brazilian government
Construction giant JCB has secured a £40m order from the Brazilian government for more than 1,000 backhoe loaders, the world-renowned digger which made the company famous.
The contract will be handled at JCB's new factory in Sao Paulo but will also bring benefits to its transmissions and axles factory in Wrexham and its headquarters in Rocester, Staffordshire.
Now sold in 120 countries, JCB's backhoe loader was first made in Rocester in 1953 and recently achieved a 500,000-production milestone.
The 1,000 machines ordered by Brazil's ministry of agrarian development will be put to work improving rural roads to ensure food produced for sale gets to market quicker.
A similar number were delivered to the same customer last year.
JCB chief executive Alan Blake said it is an important deal for JCB: "It is huge testament to the quality and versatility of JCB's backhoe loaders and it's fantastic to win an order of this size as we celebrate 60 years of backhoe loader production this year."
Current production rates see one backhoe machine roll off one of the company's manufacturing lines every three minutes.
Despite the maturity of the backhoe loader, it is still one of the world's biggest selling pieces of construction machinery.
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- Robot biker challenges MotoGP champ Valentino Rossi
- De-cluttering robot shows unexpected creativity
- Transparent wood capabilities boosted with epoxy
- Barcelona: the world’s smartest city?
- Hubble Telescope picture depicts detailed Martian landscape
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency