Honda to recall 250,000 vehicles globally over brakes
The stability assist system in the Honda vehicles being recalled may malfunction
Japanese car giant Honda is recalling nearly 250,000 vehicles worldwide over a braking problem.
No crashes have been reported related to the defect, which means that the brakes can suddenly activate even when the driver is not braking.
The stability assist system in the vehicles being recalled may malfunction and the brake could operate even when the driver is not pressing the pedal, said spokeswoman Tomoko Takemori.
The vehicle could also brake more strongly than intended when the system malfunctions, she added.
Honda said it was recalling more than 183,000 vehicles in the US, including the Acura RL, Acura MDX and Pilot models.
More than 56,000 vehicles were recalled in Japan, affecting the Odyssey, Legend, StepWgn and Elysion models.
Also being recalled are nearly 8,000 vehicles in Canada, nearly 1,000 in Australia, about 300 in Mexico and 70 in Germany.
The vehicles were produced between March 2004 and May 2006.
Some drivers have complained about the problem, including 17 in Japan and one in the US.
The problem is caused by improper electronics and wiring in the vehicle stability assist system.
No accidents or injuries have been reported from the problem, Takemori said.
Honda declined to say how much this recall will cost or where it had sourced the problematic parts.
"Immigration is no longer the elephant in the room. These days, everyone is talking about it. They are just not saying all the right things."
- Hybrid connected system a step forward for quantum computing
- Type 1 diabetes device is 'step towards artificial pancreas'
- Tactile internet: 5G and the Cloud on steroids
- £20m to get UK rid of polluting cabs
- Facebook’s secret drone test flight in the UK
- Encryption works in favour of terror suspects, says Europol chief
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.