- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are an innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new sol..
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Responsible for updating and writing electrical engineering standards, approved codes of practice and safe systems of work
- Recruiter: Affinity Water
- York, North Yorkshire
Senior electronics engineer to work as part of a team developing an MEG imaging system; working with the engineering team and external contractors.
- Recruiter: York Instruments
- Lostock Junction
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDAs deliverable commitments are met...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria, England
Team Leader - Flank Arrays Would you like to work in a unique role within the construction of the Astute Class submarines? We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader - Flank Arrays at our site in Barrow-in-Furness. As a Team Leader - Flank Arrays, you
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- circa £35,000 per annum + bonus
Develop new test equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. Good opportunities to grow and develop. Successful family-owned and managed business.
- Recruiter: Copley Scientific Ltd
- Birmingham, West Midlands
Our transport technology team in Birmingham is currently growing a highly skilled and customer-focused team to...
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Southampton, Hampshire
- £45,271 to £49,207 per annum
Responsible for technical oversight and project management of internally and externally funded innovation centre projects.
- Recruiter: National Oceanographic Centre
Bright future for valves as Orange releases new tester
Orange VT1000 valve tester
The enduring appeal of valve, or vacuum tube, technology in professional music equipment such as guitar amplifiers has received a boost with the announcement from Orange Amplification of its Orange DIVO VT1000 Valve Tester.
Launched at this year’s NAMM show, the major music technology trade event held in Anaheim, California, the compact VT1000 is a fully automatic valve tester which performs a wide range of tests. Users can quickly match and test valves and receive a reliable health check as to whether valves are good, bad or worn.
The world’s first fully automatic, portable, digital valve tester, the VT1000 makes it easy to test amp valves and the user is not required to have any advanced understanding of valve theory. The unit can test the most popular power and pre-amp valves, with one octal and two nine pin valve sockets for different valve types.
The valve to be tested is inserted into the correct socket, the valve type is selected from the list printed on the unit and then the user presses the ‘START’ button to test the valve. Inside the device, a CPU-controlled testing system is in operation, allowing full control over all inter-electrode switching and measurement operations.
The results are displayed using LEDs and will test for a wide range of fault conditions, which could otherwise cause damage to other components in the electronic circuit.
The Divo VT1000 has been designed to help guitarists, rental companies, valve amp manufacturers, guitar techs and music equipment retail shops.
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- HS2 to cost 'five times as much as TGV', study finds
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency
- Apple investigating electric vehicle charging stations
- Heart-monitoring tablet named best tech innovation for Africa
- Nasa inflates Bigelow space station module
- Robots threatening more jobs than immigrants, Labour MP says