Bright future for valves as Orange releases new tester
Orange VT1000 valve tester
The enduring appeal of valve, or vacuum tube, technology in professional music equipment such as guitar amplifiers has received a boost with the announcement from Orange Amplification of its Orange DIVO VT1000 Valve Tester.
Launched at this year’s NAMM show, the major music technology trade event held in Anaheim, California, the compact VT1000 is a fully automatic valve tester which performs a wide range of tests. Users can quickly match and test valves and receive a reliable health check as to whether valves are good, bad or worn.
The world’s first fully automatic, portable, digital valve tester, the VT1000 makes it easy to test amp valves and the user is not required to have any advanced understanding of valve theory. The unit can test the most popular power and pre-amp valves, with one octal and two nine pin valve sockets for different valve types.
The valve to be tested is inserted into the correct socket, the valve type is selected from the list printed on the unit and then the user presses the ‘START’ button to test the valve. Inside the device, a CPU-controlled testing system is in operation, allowing full control over all inter-electrode switching and measurement operations.
The results are displayed using LEDs and will test for a wide range of fault conditions, which could otherwise cause damage to other components in the electronic circuit.
The Divo VT1000 has been designed to help guitarists, rental companies, valve amp manufacturers, guitar techs and music equipment retail shops.
"Immigration is no longer the elephant in the room. These days, everyone is talking about it. They are just not saying all the right things."
- £20m to get UK rid of polluting cabs
- Tactile internet: 5G and the Cloud on steroids
- UK’s first commercial drone delivery trial completed
- UK and Norway submerged interconnector to boost green power
- Air-purification unit for cities cuts pollution by 40 per cent
- Gravity-powered lamp for people with no electricity
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.