Apple says iPhone 'Do Not Disturb' bug should resolve itself
An iPhone bug will continue to plague users until it fixes itself, manufacturers have said.
The Do Not Disturb mode is designed to silence phones for selected periods but it stopped working on New Year's Day.
Apple has now said the glitch will continue until next week when it should resolve itself.
"After 1 January, Do Not Disturb mode stays on past its scheduled end time," the firm said. "Do Not Disturb scheduling feature will resume normal functionality after 7 January 2013. Before this date, you should manually turn the Do Not Disturb feature on or off."
The popular function was added to the latest version of Apple's iOS software so people could sleep or attend meetings without disruption.
But it sparked an outcry when users found it did not reset itself as scheduled on New Year's Day. Many took to Apple's website to express their frustration.
One user wrote: "I have to switch it on and off manually, which is of course next to useless".
Another said: "It's really disappointing but it seems that Apple has started to reduce its software quality!"
And another added: "Whoever does the coding for clock, alarms, AND wants their butt kicking or sacked. Apples (sic) history with alarms and clock issues is not great. We are not talking about complex apps here."
Other users described the issue as "very frustrating" and reported similar problems happening at the same time each year.
"Our summer watersports special: surfing artificial waves, racing yachts for sport, superyachts for pleasure and much more besides"
- Lack of consideration for human error behind SpaceShipTwo crash
- New car tax rules to hit low-emission vehicle uptake, says survey
- First white laser paves way for new applications
- Contract for London’s first electric bus fleet confirmed
- Brazil-France submarine program investigated for fraud
- New method for tweaking properties of graphene
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]