IET scholarships now open for applications
Diamond Jubilee Scholarships offer eligible students £1,000 per year for the duration of their degree.
Students can now apply for a range of IET scholarships worth up to £10,000.
If you are likely to achieve three A’s at A level, three A grade Advanced Highers or five A grade Highers and will be starting an IET accredited engineering or technology degree this autumn, then you will be eligible to receive £1,000 per year – all you need to do is apply by 27 June!
New for this year, the Diamond Jubilee scholarships are named in honour of the IET’s patron, Her Majesty the Queen, and aim to help address the science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills shortage in the UK.
Students who meet the minimum criteria will be entitled to an IET scholarship of £1,000 per year for the duration of their degree course. As well as achieving the above grades, you must be embarking upon an IET accredited programme from September or October 2013; a UK resident; and not in receipt of another IET scholarship or grant.
Applications are now being accepted for all of the above. The final deadline for entry for the postgraduate scholarships is 4 April and the deadline for the Diamond Jubilee scholarships and undergraduate scholarships is 27 June.
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- Greenpeace frowns at Centrica's getting a shale-gas venture stake
- HMS Queen Elizabeth nears completion
- World’s most advanced comms satellite shipped to launch site
- Scientist to benefit from exascale supercomputer deal
- Chinese space capsule reaches its ‘Heavenly Palace’
- Dinosaurs’ app uses augmented reality
- E&T magazine - Debate - HS2, the need for speed [01:33 pm 18/06/13]
- Creating an Iphone App [05:50 pm 17/06/13]
- CO2 is good [07:29 pm 16/06/13]
- DECC-EDF makes yet another attempt to fund 3rd Generation Nuclear at any cost [05:02 pm 15/06/13]
- Transformers Vector Group [09:46 am 15/06/13]
Tune into our latest podcast