- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are an innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new sol..
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Responsible for updating and writing electrical engineering standards, approved codes of practice and safe systems of work
- Recruiter: Affinity Water
- York, North Yorkshire
Senior electronics engineer to work as part of a team developing an MEG imaging system; working with the engineering team and external contractors.
- Recruiter: York Instruments
- Lostock Junction
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDAs deliverable commitments are met...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria, England
Team Leader - Flank Arrays Would you like to work in a unique role within the construction of the Astute Class submarines? We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader - Flank Arrays at our site in Barrow-in-Furness. As a Team Leader - Flank Arrays, you
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- circa £35,000 per annum + bonus
Develop new test equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. Good opportunities to grow and develop. Successful family-owned and managed business.
- Recruiter: Copley Scientific Ltd
- Birmingham, West Midlands
Our transport technology team in Birmingham is currently growing a highly skilled and customer-focused team to...
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Southampton, Hampshire
- £45,271 to £49,207 per annum
Responsible for technical oversight and project management of internally and externally funded innovation centre projects.
- Recruiter: National Oceanographic Centre
Hutchison closes telecoms deal to become No. 3 in Austria
A woman and her dog walk by a telecommunications store advertising "Orange" and "3" in Vienna, Austria
Consolidation of Austria's cut-throat telecoms market moved ahead this week when Hutchison completed its €1.3bn (£1.05bn) takeover of Orange Austria, making it the country's third-biggest mobile operator.
Its purchase from Mid Europa Partners (MEP) and France Telecom-Orange followed extensive negotiations that finally won European and Austrian regulatory approval last month.
"We are delighted that, after undergoing a lengthy regulatory process, we have finally been able to close this acquisition," said Jan Trionow, head of local unit Hutchison 3G Austria.
"I am particularly looking forward to working ... to push forward with building a nationwide LTE network in Austria within the next two years," he said, referring to the next-generation high-speed networks that will speed data delivery to users.
France Telecom said it would get around €70m in cash from selling its 35 per cent stake in Orange Austria. Private equity group MEP held the other 65 per cent.
In a separate but related deal, market leader Telekom Austria wrapped up its purchase of discount brand Yesss from Orange Austria.
Both transactions have won regulatory approval, but Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile Austria unit has tried to throw a spanner in the works by lodging a court appeal against the accompanying re-allocation of radio frequencies.
Hutchison and Orange Austria are the country's two smallest operators and have a combined market share of about 24 per cent. Their deal will cut the number of mobile operators in Austria from four to three.
Austrian operators serve a population of just 8.4 million and have been extremely competitive, with all-inclusive no-strings deals starting at €7 per month.
Telekom Austria agreed last February to buy frequencies, basestation sites, mobile phone provider Yesss and other intellectual property rights from Orange Austria for up to €390m.
It said in a statement it had also completed the acquisition of intellectual property rights for the "One" brand this week, while closing on the other assets "follows gradually".
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- HS2 to cost 'five times as much as TGV', study finds
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency
- Apple investigating electric vehicle charging stations
- Heart-monitoring tablet named best tech innovation for Africa
- Nasa inflates Bigelow space station module
- X-ray laser reveals first of a kind images of exploding water droplets