Airbus selects students to shape the future of flight
Airbus' contest challenges students to develop ideas for a more sustainable aviation industry.
Airbus has selected the 100 student teams from across five continents that will continue in the 2013 Fly Your Ideas challenge.
Among these are seven teams in the UK including Cranfield University, Imperial College London and the University of Bristol.
The Fly Your Ideas contest challenges students worldwide to develop ideas for a more sustainable aviation industry. The number of participants has doubled compared to the previous contest. At this stage of the competition, Airbus has identified the most innovative ideas from over 600 teams who entered this third edition of the UNESCO-backed competition.
The teams now have until 12 April 2013 to explore, test and develop their concepts. While the idea remains in the hands of the students, an Airbus mentor and expert have been assigned to each team to support, inspire and challenge the competitors.
The students are battling it out to be one of the five final teams to present their idea to a panel of Airbus and industry experts at Airbus in Hamburg, Germany on 12 June 2013. At stake is the first prize of €30,000 and the chance for the winning team to host an innovation week on campus run by Airbus experts. The runner up team wins €15,000.
Find out more and follow the activity of each team on the competition's official website.
"Immigration is no longer the elephant in the room. These days, everyone is talking about it. They are just not saying all the right things."
- £20m to get UK rid of polluting cabs
- Tactile internet: 5G and the Cloud on steroids
- UK’s first commercial drone delivery trial completed
- Air-purification unit for cities cuts pollution by 40 per cent
- Gravity-powered lamp for people with no electricity
- UK and Norway submerged interconnector to boost green power
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.