Airbus selects students to shape the future of flight
Airbus' contest challenges students to develop ideas for a more sustainable aviation industry.
Airbus has selected the 100 student teams from across five continents that will continue in the 2013 Fly Your Ideas challenge.
Among these are seven teams in the UK including Cranfield University, Imperial College London and the University of Bristol.
The Fly Your Ideas contest challenges students worldwide to develop ideas for a more sustainable aviation industry. The number of participants has doubled compared to the previous contest. At this stage of the competition, Airbus has identified the most innovative ideas from over 600 teams who entered this third edition of the UNESCO-backed competition.
The teams now have until 12 April 2013 to explore, test and develop their concepts. While the idea remains in the hands of the students, an Airbus mentor and expert have been assigned to each team to support, inspire and challenge the competitors.
The students are battling it out to be one of the five final teams to present their idea to a panel of Airbus and industry experts at Airbus in Hamburg, Germany on 12 June 2013. At stake is the first prize of €30,000 and the chance for the winning team to host an innovation week on campus run by Airbus experts. The runner up team wins €15,000.
Find out more and follow the activity of each team on the competition's official website.
"This issue we honour a national hero, and the subject of Benedict Cumberbatch's latest film, codebreaker Alan Turing"
- Snooper's charter ‘dead and buried’ but police to get new Internet powers
- Complex cyber-spying malware uncovered by researchers
- Hackers access thousands of web cams as passwords weak
- Volcanic ash detector fitted to long-haul jet
- Hacking major threat to driverless vehicle adoption
- Scientists give LEDs a warm glow
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.