Orange and Morpho launch secure m-health service
The Orange/Morpho system uses SIM card authentication to link between the SIM embedded in the patient's smart device and the physician’s unique ID
Orange and security firm Morpho have announced a mobile identity management system specifically designed for the healthcare sector.
Launched at Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, the system uses SIM card authentication to establish a link between the SIM embedded in a patient’s Orange smart device and the physician’s unique identification number, which is established using Morpho’s identity management platform.
Once the SIM is registered, an applet is installed onto the mobile or tablet device. When the process is completed, the physician is able to access patient records through a Website by entering their telephone number and unique identification number, which then completes the authentication process.
“As the use of smartphones and tablets by healthcare professional increases, we expect more telcos to partner with platform/application specialists to launch solutions that focus on mobile access to sensitive data,” comments Charlotte Davies, healthcare life sciences analyst at market-watcher Ovum.
A field trial of the new system is now underway at Clemont Ferrand University Hospital Centre (CHU) in France.
"How to clone dinosaurs and other (im)possible blockbuster biotech - medical nanobots; computer-brain interfaces; miniature robots; sci-fi Ra-Pi."
- Drone technology keeps BMX riders on track for gold
- Twitter and mobile phone data to gauge how big crowds are
- Light could replace electricity to carry computer data
- North Korean hackers ‘could even kill’, high-profile defector warns
- Big data to change urban mobility habits across the globe
- Floor energy the next big thing in renewables
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]