- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are an innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new sol..
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Responsible for updating and writing electrical engineering standards, approved codes of practice and safe systems of work
- Recruiter: Affinity Water
- York, North Yorkshire
Senior electronics engineer to work as part of a team developing an MEG imaging system; working with the engineering team and external contractors.
- Recruiter: York Instruments
- Lostock Junction
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDAs deliverable commitments are met...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria, England
Team Leader - Flank Arrays Would you like to work in a unique role within the construction of the Astute Class submarines? We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader - Flank Arrays at our site in Barrow-in-Furness. As a Team Leader - Flank Arrays, you
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- circa £35,000 per annum + bonus
Develop new test equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. Good opportunities to grow and develop. Successful family-owned and managed business.
- Recruiter: Copley Scientific Ltd
- Shropshire, Telford, England
Bridge Test Facility ManagerWe currently have a vacancy for a Bridge Test Facility Manager at our site in Telford with our Land UK business.As the Bridge Test Facility Manager, you will be part of our Test & Trials team, working closely with the Mili
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Birmingham, West Midlands
Our transport technology team in Birmingham is currently growing a highly skilled and customer-focused team to...
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
Malaysian firms to build power plants in Myanmar
Mandalay in Myanmar will soon be served by a 500MW coal-fired power plant due to start construction in the second half of 2014
Malaysian companies Mudajaya Group and IJM Corp are moving into the power business in Myanmar (formerly Burma).
Together they will invest £750m to build two new power plants in a country where large areas have no electricity supply.
Under the first phase, a coal-fired plant will be built in Mandalay, with construction starting in the second half of 2014 and reaching completion in 2016. It will provide 500MW to the Mandalay region.
The second plant will be solar-powered and will be built in another region at a later stage to be determined by the company.
Aziz Rahman, a Mudajaya spokesman in Kuala Lumpur, said construction has to be in phases because of the high market risk involved in Myanmar.
Mandalay is 715km north of the capital, Yangon, and is the second largest city in Myanmar, with a population of 1.2 million. Despite being the country’s economic hub, more than 65 per cent of the city does not have power.
Mudajay and IJM will set up a new company to undertake the construction and management of the project. Mudajaya will hold 70 per cent stake while the remaining 30 per cent will be held by IJM. The entire funding for the plants will be put up by the two companies.
Myanmar is the largest country in south-east Asia and a resource-wealthy nation but it suffers from pervasive government controls and extreme poverty.
Mudajaya is a power and construction group while IJM is a construction firm.
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency
- Apple investigating electric vehicle charging stations
- Paul McCartney releasing virtual reality song featurettes
- Scania testing 5G networks for autonomous truck platoons
- Robots threatening more jobs than immigrants, Labour MP says
- Healthcare sensors to prevent falls and sunburn