Industry Apprentice Council meets with UK Skills Minister
The Industry Apprentice Council outside the House of Commons.
The Industry Apprentice Council (IAC) met with Skills Minister Matthew Hancock to put forward its ideas for promoting the benefits of apprenticeships.
The committee of 13 industry apprentices, aged between 18 and 24, attended the All Party Parliamentary Apprenticeships Group at the House of Commons to ask Hancock how the government plans to ensure quality and promote the vocational pathway as an equal opportunity to higher education.
The IAC quizzed Hancock about the lack of careers advice and gave its views on the Richards Review of Apprenticeships.
The council also put forward its ideas on an advertising campaign to raise awareness among parents, teachers and young people and highlight the great experiences available to apprentices as part of the vocational route.
The IAC was launched for apprentices to have their say on national policy and strategy, take action on apprenticeship promotion and feedback directly to government ministers. Gathering regularly to discuss the key issues affecting apprenticeships, members include apprentices from companies including Airbus, BAE Systems, MBDA and National Grid.
The IAC welcomes input from apprentices, learners and the wider community. Questions or comments can be made through the group’s Facebook page.
"Asimov's three laws of robotics debuted in a story set this year, in 2015. Will real robots be most like Robby, Terminator or the Synths?"
- Smartphone ‘eyes’ for blind developed in Google-funded project
- Renewable energy contribution hits record level
- Zero-emission engine begins testing
- Graphene-based sensor breaks sensitivity limits
- Government on target to support engineering apprenticeships
- Automatic speed-limit technology tested on London buses
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]