Industry Apprentice Council meets with UK Skills Minister
The Industry Apprentice Council outside the House of Commons.
The Industry Apprentice Council (IAC) met with Skills Minister Matthew Hancock to put forward its ideas for promoting the benefits of apprenticeships.
The committee of 13 industry apprentices, aged between 18 and 24, attended the All Party Parliamentary Apprenticeships Group at the House of Commons to ask Hancock how the government plans to ensure quality and promote the vocational pathway as an equal opportunity to higher education.
The IAC quizzed Hancock about the lack of careers advice and gave its views on the Richards Review of Apprenticeships.
The council also put forward its ideas on an advertising campaign to raise awareness among parents, teachers and young people and highlight the great experiences available to apprentices as part of the vocational route.
The IAC was launched for apprentices to have their say on national policy and strategy, take action on apprenticeship promotion and feedback directly to government ministers. Gathering regularly to discuss the key issues affecting apprenticeships, members include apprentices from companies including Airbus, BAE Systems, MBDA and National Grid.
The IAC welcomes input from apprentices, learners and the wider community. Questions or comments can be made through the group’s Facebook page.
"How do we balance security with civil liberties and privacy in today's high-tech but violent world? Can our private lives remain truly private?"
- Europe's Spaceport: 35 years and counting...
- Where next for the Internet of things?
- Ex Machina movie asks: is AI research in safe hands?
- IoT: a warning from the future for the Internet of Things
- Third time unlucky: Air Asia crash calls for emergency locator improvements
- Cyber-security at the forefront of the World Economic Forum
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.