Samsung’s tablet for kids fosters education
Samsung has announced a new tablet designed specifically for children
New gadget developed by the South Korean electronics giant aims to make learning more fun while maintaining the parents’ control over the content.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids, with a 17.8-inch screen and delivered in yellow, offers a selection of educational functions including games, apps and e-books, put together, according to the company, with the best interests of the youngsters in mind.
"It's no secret that kids are using technology more than ever before," said JK Shin, chief executive and head of IT and mobile communication at Samsung Electronics.
"We saw an opportunity to create a device just for kids that provides them with an intuitive, fun and kid-friendly user experience filled with rich, interactive and educational content that parents will love."
Despite being equipped with top-ranked apps for children, the designers remembered that spending excessive time on-line or playing on a computer or tablet might be detrimental to the child’s development.
The parents can thus restrict the use of the tablets, selecting apps the child would be able to access or limiting the time their offspring would be able to spend playing with the device through the Time Management feature.
"When the designated use time is up, a password-protected lock screen appears, requiring a parent or adult to enter the password to unlock the device," a spokesman said.
"This tool will help parents ensure the time their children spend on smart devices is balanced."
The tablet is fitted with two cameras - a front-facing three megapixel, and a 1.3 megapixel rear-facing device.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids will be launched in South Korea in early September, followed by the roll-out in the rest of the world.
"Asimov's three laws of robotics debuted in a story set this year, in 2015. Will real robots be most like Robby, Terminator or the Synths?"
- 3D printing to improve properties of optical fibres
- Siemens launches largest hydrogen energy storage plant
- Middle-manager inaction the weak link in enterprise cyber-security
- Redacted fracking report finally reveals risks
- Global mobile payment app developed for public transport
- Contactless micro-donations raise £30K for London youth charities
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]