- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- London (Greater)
- £25,000 - £30,000 starting salary, inclusive of on-target commissions.
Precision Microdrives (PMD) is a fast growing technology company that designs, produces and trades miniature electro-mechanical mechanisms
- Recruiter: Precision Microdrives
- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new soluti...
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Uppsala (Stad) (SE)
The Swedish Institute of Space Institute (IRF) in Uppsala search for an analogue electronics engineer.
- Recruiter: Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF)
- Southampton, Hampshire
- £45,271 to £49,207 per annum
Responsible for technical oversight and project management of internally and externally funded innovation centre projects.
- Recruiter: National Oceanographic Centre
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Mott MacDonald's highly successful Water and Environment Unit is recruiting an electrical engineer....
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Mott MacDonald's highly successful water business continues to win and deliver a fantastic amount of work....
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Opportunity to join a very dynamic, responsive and multinational Launcher team, focussed on rapid development, proving and manufacture to meet challenging programme...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Scotland, Glasgow
Technical Design Authority - Marine Systems (Mechanical) Would you like to play an exciting and varied role working with the River Class Batch 2 (RCB2) vessels for the Royal Navy? We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Design Authority - Marine Syste
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
Roke launch hi-tech portable military 3G basestation
Roke's SmartLink 3G basestation
Roke Manor Research has launched the world's only man-portable, 9.3 miles range, military-grade private 3G basestation.
The firm claims the SmartLink device is a third of the weight of other like-for-like tactical cellular systems, a fifth of the size and uses half the power, maximising battery life.
It is also the world's first man-portable 3G base station to have up to a 9.3 miles range and will continue to operate when the user is travelling at speeds of up to 75mph.
Greg Moore, business sector manager at Roke Manor Research, said: "Unlike current solutions, SmartLink provides all the benefits of a deployable wide-area cellular network whilst maintaining on the move capabilities due to being small, lightweight and low power.
“Roke's proven pedigree in electronic warfare and force protection technology means that SmartLink brings the benefits of cellular technology while preserving the resilience of traditional military communications."
Once the SmartLink base station is switched on, mobile phones with the private network's SIM will work immediately. By providing a self-contained, dedicated 3G network, which is upgradable to 4G, SmartLink extends the communications range on rapid deployments, where no local infrastructure exists.
The device supports a variety of high bandwidth communications, such as voice, SMS, IP data and video streaming, whilst being robust to accidental and intentional interference.
SmartLink is fully upgradable to include features such as spectrum agility, to make greater bandwidth available to users; security and resilience enhancements; re-banded communications; and range and mobility extensions.
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- Robot biker challenges MotoGP champ Valentino Rossi
- De-cluttering robot shows unexpected creativity
- Transparent wood capabilities boosted with epoxy
- Barcelona: the world’s smartest city?
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency
- Hubble Telescope picture depicts detailed Martian landscape