Mahindra Satyam launches in-vehicle infotainment solution
The home screen of Mahindra Satyam's infotainment solution.
Mahindra Satyam has announced the launch of its in-vehicle infotainment solution.
Mahindra Satyam’s device allows users to be connected while on the road, and also features a complete entertainment package, driver assistance, location-based information and health monitoring.
“This Infotainment solution addresses some of the most important challenges that OEMs and Tier 1 automotive companies are facing, through faster time-to-market and reduced costs. While the service delivery opens up several revenue streams for relevant industry players, the device is also frugally built to offer maximum value to price-conscious consumers,” said Karthikeyan Natarajan, senior VP and head of Integrated Engineering Services, Mahindra Satyam.
The global consulting, IT services and engineering solutions provider said the concept also offered a rear-seat entertainment solution and thereby provided an enhanced user experience through a complete entertainment and enterprise solutions package that will keep the user constantly connected to the office and home environment.
The user could also enjoy a host of other services such as access to public utilities, emergency services and financial institutions. The networked or "smart" vehicle would enable the user to shop, pay bills, check email, watch videos, access news and social media, and be connected always.
Mahindra Satyam said the automobile market was among the fastest growing markets for infotainment and connected devices.
As the demands from tech-savvy customers increased, Mahindra Satyam planned to integrate speech recognition, text-to-speech technology, gesture recognition, health monitoring, driving pattern tracking, driver assistance apps, compliance to driver distraction guidelines and much more within the system as a part of its commitment to develop advanced functionalities.
"How do we balance security with civil liberties and privacy in today's high-tech but violent world? Can our private lives remain truly private?"
- Global Calculator: high life and climate change can co-exist
- New search engine more efficient than Google
- Partners of big data research institute named after Turing announced
- I’d like that job – Sarah Doughty, Geographical information systems consultant, Atkins
- Ringing the changes: 30 years of mobiles with Vodafone UK
- Virtual guitar pedal board with A/B comparison launched
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.