- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top 20 institutions of higher education.....
- Recruiter: The University of Edinburgh
- Bristol, England / Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness, England
Principal Electrical Engineer - Power Join our Electrical Power team and help design the self-contained generation and distribution system for the Successor submarine - a new generation of submarine designed to carry the UK's independent nuclear deterrent
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- England, Cambridgeshire
- £33000 - £39000 per annum
Operations Supervisor - (Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation) Salary: Circa £33k - 39k dependant on experience + vehicle and great additional benefits (share scheme, pension, potential bonus).Location: Wisbech - Cambridgeshire We currently have an excit
- Recruiter: National Grid
- England, Lancashire
- Competitive package
Would you like to be involved with training UK and international teams in Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) to support the in service fleet (Typhoon Tornado, and Hawk)?
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
What?s the opportunity? There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast paced roles, in...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Teddington, United Kingdom
- £24,109 - £27,961 plus EO Electronics PE of £8,090.00
We are now looking for a Metering Engineer to deliver RD’s In-Service Testing (IST) scheme for gas and electricity meters.
- Recruiter: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- £46,625 to £57,640 per annum
As an experienced Estates Manager, you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of the Estates service.
- Recruiter: The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- York, North Yorkshire
- c£45,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Nestlé Product Technology Centre in York currently has an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager
- Recruiter: Nestle
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
IET reveals most innovative companies
One of the shortlisted entries in this year's awards is Reevu's rear vision helmet.
The IET has announced the shortlist for its 2012 Innovation Awards, celebrating the most innovative engineering and technology-related organisations.
The awards celebrate the most innovative organisations operating within a wide variety of science, engineering and technology disciplines.
Seventy entries have been shortlisted from over 400 in this year’s awards, which have attracted entries from all over the world including China and Canada.
There are 15 categories in the awards – from asset management to electronics – and this year a special category on Sports Technology has been introduced specifically for the Olympic year.
Some of the shortlisted entries include a company that is bringing mobile phone coverage to rural areas with a green, off-grid energy solution; and a firm that has created the world’s first rear vision helmet.
The awards, now in their eighth year, are judged by a panel of more than 80 engineering experts, recognising the depth and breadth of innovative work being carried out across all areas of engineering and technology, at all stages of development.
“Engineering continues to innovate and introduce new ideas that contribute to, and improve, our daily lives,” says Tim Hamer, director of Knowledge at the IET.
“The shortlisted entries in this year’s Innovation Awards highlight the way in which the engineering and technology industries strive for improvements in areas of software, design and technology. These companies are helping to ensure engineering flourishes as a profession.”
TV presenter Clare Balding will announce the winners at a gala dinner at The Brewery, London, on 22 November.
Find out more about the IET Innovation Awards.
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Chip and pin compromised by hackers 'within a year'
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed
- MH370 search team may have looked in the wrong location for two years
- Lithuania launches campaign to lure away UK’s car-makers