British Gas recruiting 1,000 smart energy experts
British Gas is recruiting smart energy experts
British Gas is to recruit 1,000 new workers over the next two years under a programme to roll out ‘smart’ technologies across the country.
The new workers will undertake the firm's apprenticeship training programme before joining the 1,200 field-based staff already working on energy efficiency schemes.
The recruits will help replace meters with ones that give information on energy use in homes and businesses.
British Gas managing director Phil Bentley said: "Today, more than ever, Britain needs investment from strong, innovative companies like British Gas in jobs, technology and new skills. The British Gas apprenticeship programme for Smart Energy Experts shows our commitment to growing the green economy.
"Our customers will see the benefits too. Every one of our Smart Energy Experts is focused on helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and save money."
Energy and Climate Change Secretary Edward Davey said: "I'm delighted that British Gas is taking on more apprentices to help their customers lower their bills by using energy more efficiently.
"The roll-out of smart meters to homes and businesses is just one of the ways in which the government is modernising the way we generate and use energy. It is great to see energy efficiency policy and innovation creating new job opportunities in the UK."
"Our summer watersports special: surfing artificial waves, racing yachts for sport, superyachts for pleasure and much more besides"
- Lack of consideration for human error behind SpaceShipTwo crash
- New car tax rules to hit low-emission vehicle uptake, says survey
- First white laser paves way for new applications
- Contract for London’s first electric bus fleet confirmed
- New method for tweaking properties of graphene
- Brazil-France submarine program investigated for fraud
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]