British Gas recruiting 1,000 smart energy experts
British Gas is recruiting smart energy experts
British Gas is to recruit 1,000 new workers over the next two years under a programme to roll out ‘smart’ technologies across the country.
The new workers will undertake the firm's apprenticeship training programme before joining the 1,200 field-based staff already working on energy efficiency schemes.
The recruits will help replace meters with ones that give information on energy use in homes and businesses.
British Gas managing director Phil Bentley said: "Today, more than ever, Britain needs investment from strong, innovative companies like British Gas in jobs, technology and new skills. The British Gas apprenticeship programme for Smart Energy Experts shows our commitment to growing the green economy.
"Our customers will see the benefits too. Every one of our Smart Energy Experts is focused on helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and save money."
Energy and Climate Change Secretary Edward Davey said: "I'm delighted that British Gas is taking on more apprentices to help their customers lower their bills by using energy more efficiently.
"The roll-out of smart meters to homes and businesses is just one of the ways in which the government is modernising the way we generate and use energy. It is great to see energy efficiency policy and innovation creating new job opportunities in the UK."
"Asimov's three laws of robotics debuted in a story set this year, in 2015. Will real robots be most like Robby, Terminator or the Synths?"
- 3D printing to improve properties of optical fibres
- Siemens launches largest hydrogen energy storage plant
- Middle-manager inaction the weak link in enterprise cyber-security
- Redacted fracking report finally reveals risks
- Global mobile payment app developed for public transport
- Contactless micro-donations raise £30K for London youth charities
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]