We are looking for an electrical engineer with around 4- 6 years of design experience to join and work with an able and talented group of engineers..
- Recruiter: Max Fordham LLP
- England, Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness
- Competitive package
As an Engineering Manager - Naval Architecture you will be managing the Whole Boat Architecture and Concepts team tasked with supporting the delivery of the remaining Astute submarines, and developing new technology for future submarine programmes.
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Bootle, Cheltenham and London
- Competitive + Benefits
With expertise and influence, you’ll set the standard for nuclear safety.
- Recruiter: Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Albany or Palmerston North
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to lead and further develop a well-established and internationally recognized School.
- Recruiter: Massey University
- City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Circa £65,000 (There may be more for an exceptional candidate)
You will lead on a number of engineering infrastructure and associated workstreams under direction from the Deputy Director
- Recruiter: House of Commons
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- England, Warwickshire
- £25000 - £28000 per annum
Profile: To provide a range of support activities to the Construction delivery teams to ensure the effective delivery, document management, reporting and closure of projects. To support the Senior Project Manager in the measurement of function performance
- Recruiter: National Grid
- South West England
Exciting opportunities have arisen within as we expand to meet the growing demands of the UK Submarine Programme.
- Recruiter: Babcock
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
- Warwick, Warwickshire
You will be required to lead the regional Customer Services strategy and resources to maximise Customer satisfaction.
- Recruiter: Siemens
Smartphone sales driving business tech investment
Apple iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S smartphones
High-tech mobile devices have sky-rocketed in sales and usages in recent years and people and businesses are now looking into smartphone investment.
World-leading technology analyst and reviewer Gartner have released new figures which show smartphone sales have increased by 46.9 per cent. This growth was seen in the third quarter of the 2012 financial year, a comparative advance from the same period last year.
Overall mobile phones sales dropped by 3.1 per cent over the same period, showing a significant hike in smartphones as businesses embrace the technology.
Gartner’s research suggests a number of positive signs for the industry, even after taking fall in phone sales into consideration.
With 169.2 million sales of smartphone devices in the third quarter, smartphones are driving the industry. This demonstrates a continuation in the trend which started some time ago.
The smartphone market is currently dominated by Apple and Samsung. A principal research analyst at Gartner has stated: "Both vendors together controlled 46.5 per cent of the smartphone market, leaving a handful of vendors fighting over a distant third spot."
The market is currently so volatile that major mobile phone manufacturer Nokia slipped from number three to number seven in the list of smartphone providers in the space of three months. Research In Motion and HTC have shown progress, rising to third and fourth respectively.
As people are now highly keen to invest in a new smartphone, this time could be a great opportunity to allow firms to splash out on new headsets. This investment could take advantage of the latest VoIP solutions.
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) will enable employees to make cheap calls from any location in which broadband connections are available. It is a highly efficient technology and will boost productivity, while operators will be able to tailor the services to the demands of their users.
With this shrewd investment it will mean that the business world will be able to raise efficiency and productivity.
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- Apple’s future lies with AI and augmented reality, says CEO
- Porsche gears up for all-electric model as parent company VW cleans up its act
- Ocean computer simulation reveals alternative MH370 location
- Dolly the sheep’s cloned siblings shown to be in perfect health
- Solar Impulse 2 completes record-breaking round-the-world flight
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Coffee and donuts in first US commercial drone delivery
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Fishing drone flies 2km out to sea and brings home its catch
- Amazon delivery drones heading to UK with government support
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed