- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are an innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new sol..
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Responsible for updating and writing electrical engineering standards, approved codes of practice and safe systems of work
- Recruiter: Affinity Water
- York, North Yorkshire
Senior electronics engineer to work as part of a team developing an MEG imaging system; working with the engineering team and external contractors.
- Recruiter: York Instruments
- Lostock Junction
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDAs deliverable commitments are met...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria, England
Team Leader - Flank Arrays Would you like to work in a unique role within the construction of the Astute Class submarines? We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader - Flank Arrays at our site in Barrow-in-Furness. As a Team Leader - Flank Arrays, you
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- circa £35,000 per annum + bonus
Develop new test equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. Good opportunities to grow and develop. Successful family-owned and managed business.
- Recruiter: Copley Scientific Ltd
- Birmingham, West Midlands
Our transport technology team in Birmingham is currently growing a highly skilled and customer-focused team to...
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Uppsala (Stad) (SE)
The Swedish Institute of Space Institute (IRF) in Uppsala search for an analogue electronics engineer.
- Recruiter: Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF)
Saab looks to London for arms export boost
Saab Gripen fighter plane
Swedish arms company Saab is to set up new sales headquarters in London as it bids for more business in Europe and the Middle East.
Best known perhaps for jet fighters such as the Gripen, defence and security company Saab – long since divorced from the troubled car-maker of the same name – plans to enlarge its London presence in order to boost sales outside its Swedish home.
Saab already has some 200 employees in the UK, where it provides weapons, training and ground-based radars to the UK armed forces. It now plans to use bodies such as UK Trade & Investment and to piggy-back on the success of the British arms industry as it bids for more export business.
"We are building further on our export successes by increasing our business in all respects, including more sales into UK from Sweden, more local growth with personnel across Europe and Greater Middle East," said Saab president and CEO Håkan Buskhe. "Our new marketing and sales operations centralised in the UK will help us establish an even stronger international foothold outside Sweden."
Nick Baird, chief executive of UK Trade & Investment, said the move was "testament to the strength of the UK's defence sector". He said that UKTI's Defence and Security Organisation had been closely involved in helping Saab develop export opportunities from the UK.
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- HS2 to cost 'five times as much as TGV', study finds
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency
- Apple investigating electric vehicle charging stations
- Heart-monitoring tablet named best tech innovation for Africa
- Nasa inflates Bigelow space station module
- Robots threatening more jobs than immigrants, Labour MP says