Model engineering show to return to Alexandra Palace
The exhibition will go on show for the 17th year
The largest exhibition of model engineering is set to return to London’s Alexandra Palace for the 17th year.
The Great Hall in Alexandra Palace will be transformed with exhibits of more than a thousand models from more than fifty national and regional clubs, societies and organisations in the UK.
The organisers say the exhibition will blend all elements of modeling from traditional model engineering, steam locomotives and traction engines through to more modern gadgets including tanks, boats, aeroplanes and helicopters.
The show will again feature the Model Active Zone which encourages visitors to try new activities and watch technical demonstrations like radio controlled helicopters.
The Imagineering Foundation will also be available over the course of the show to introduce 8-16 year olds to the world of engineering and technology through hands-on activities.
Other show highlights include:
Brickish Association – promoting the fun and educational value of LEGO
British Model Flying Association – the governing body for the sport of model flying the UK
London Underground ‘00’ scale model railway layout – display of the world’s oldest underground aged 150 years old
Polly Owners Group – the group run the 5” miniature railway track at the show offering visitors free rides.
UKRA (UK Rocketry Association) - displays and workshops will be on offer
“We are delighted to return to Alexandra Palace again this year for our 17th London Model Engineering Exhibition,” said exhibition director Chris Deith.
“Not only will 2013 see more exhibitors than ever before but also offer visitors a choice of more than sixty specialist suppliers selling a full range of tooling and materials for almost every project imaginable.
“The exhibition is a modeller’s paradise filled with miniature marvels.”
The show will take place from Friday 18th – Sunday 20th January inclusive.
Doors open at 10am and close at 5pm daily.
Tickets can be bought from www.londonmodelengineering.co.uk or on the door.
"Are you a digital native or an analogue native? The analogue aesthetic is alive and well at work in art, music, fashion and many other aspects of culture"
- Eurotunnel to launch 4G services
- Cheapest way to bleach clouds to fight climate change
- Health benefits for elderly using social media, study says
- Climate guide to fight erroneous beliefs
- Alleged GCHQ hacking of Belgian telecoms firm was widespread, reports reveal
- Power brick wins hackathon for developing countries
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.