- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top 20 institutions of higher education.....
- Recruiter: The University of Edinburgh
- Bristol, England / Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness, England
Principal Electrical Engineer - Power Join our Electrical Power team and help design the self-contained generation and distribution system for the Successor submarine - a new generation of submarine designed to carry the UK's independent nuclear deterrent
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- England, Cambridgeshire
- £33000 - £39000 per annum
Operations Supervisor - (Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation) Salary: Circa £33k - 39k dependant on experience + vehicle and great additional benefits (share scheme, pension, potential bonus).Location: Wisbech - Cambridgeshire We currently have an excit
- Recruiter: National Grid
- England, Lancashire
- Competitive package
Would you like to be involved with training UK and international teams in Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) to support the in service fleet (Typhoon Tornado, and Hawk)?
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
What?s the opportunity? There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast paced roles, in...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Teddington, United Kingdom
- £24,109 - £27,961 plus EO Electronics PE of £8,090.00
We are now looking for a Metering Engineer to deliver RD’s In-Service Testing (IST) scheme for gas and electricity meters.
- Recruiter: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- £46,625 to £57,640 per annum
As an experienced Estates Manager, you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of the Estates service.
- Recruiter: The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- York, North Yorkshire
- c£45,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Nestlé Product Technology Centre in York currently has an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager
- Recruiter: Nestle
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
IET says Energy Bill must not offer ‘piecemeal solutions’
The Institution of Engineering and Technology’s (IET) leading energy expert is calling for the government's forthcoming Energy Bill to demonstrate holistic, joined-up thinking rather than offering piecemeal solutions.
Simon Harrison, chair of the IET Energy Policy Panel, said: “The Energy Bill needs to deal with short-term capacity concerns (over the next two to 10 years) and enable the transformation to a low carbon energy system over the short- and long-term.
“It needs to demonstrate systems thinking rather than piecemeal solutions. A key aspect of the Bill must be some clarity of market arrangements to incentivise gas power plants in the short-term.
“It must also include appropriate arrangements to bring clarity to new nuclear and enable construction to proceed whilst giving a reasonable deal to consumers. There need to be clear statements of intent for the major renewables, including visibility of quantity for each technology to be built by 2020.
“Plus arrangements to incentivise demand participation and storage in the future energy system, and the demonstration of carbon capture and storage at scale. The all-important ‘systems thinking’ needs to include the modernisation of Britain's electricity networks: the power 'transport system' is a key enabler for achieving effective outcomes for consumers in a lower carbon world."
The Energy Bill is expected by the end of November.
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Chip and pin compromised by hackers 'within a year'
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed
- MH370 search team may have looked in the wrong location for two years
- Lithuania launches campaign to lure away UK’s car-makers