Autodesk launches consumer-level 3D printing app
Autodesk, known mainly for its engineering CAD software, is to move further into the consumer digital space with the launch of Autodesk 123D Design.
The software allows users to create a digital model and then 3D print or fabricate their idea whether on the iPad, Mac, PC or via their Web browser.
“People said this couldn’t be done on the iPad, and we’re happy to prove them wrong,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of Consumer Products, Autodesk. The software includes a library of base shapes that users can manipulate to create 3D printable designs.
Over the last two years, the engineering software company has been carving out a niche in the burgeoning consumer space and 3D printing market. The company has already launched a number of consumer apps such as 123D Make, 123D Catch, and 123D Sculpt.
"Are you a digital native or an analogue native? The analogue aesthetic is alive and well at work in art, music, fashion and many other aspects of culture"
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.