- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top 20 institutions of higher education.....
- Recruiter: The University of Edinburgh
- Bristol, England / Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness, England
Principal Electrical Engineer - Power Join our Electrical Power team and help design the self-contained generation and distribution system for the Successor submarine - a new generation of submarine designed to carry the UK's independent nuclear deterrent
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- England, Cambridgeshire
- £33000 - £39000 per annum
Operations Supervisor - (Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation) Salary: Circa £33k - 39k dependant on experience + vehicle and great additional benefits (share scheme, pension, potential bonus).Location: Wisbech - Cambridgeshire We currently have an excit
- Recruiter: National Grid
- England, Lancashire
- Competitive package
Would you like to be involved with training UK and international teams in Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) to support the in service fleet (Typhoon Tornado, and Hawk)?
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
What?s the opportunity? There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast paced roles, in...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Teddington, United Kingdom
- £24,109 - £27,961 plus EO Electronics PE of £8,090.00
We are now looking for a Metering Engineer to deliver RD’s In-Service Testing (IST) scheme for gas and electricity meters.
- Recruiter: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- £46,625 to £57,640 per annum
As an experienced Estates Manager, you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of the Estates service.
- Recruiter: The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- York, North Yorkshire
- c£45,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Nestlé Product Technology Centre in York currently has an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager
- Recruiter: Nestle
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
Challenge to find UK’s latest innovations
Business Minister Mark PriskCredit: bisgovuk
A competition to find the most innovative pre-market products, processes and concepts was launched by the UK’s Business Minister today.
Mark Prisk said the Make it in Great Britain Challenge was all about transforming the image of modern UK manufacturing and raising awareness of its importance to Britain’s economy.
Inventors, manufacturers, engineers, designers, businesses of all sizes, young people and the general public were able to enter the competition. The challenge forms part of the Make it in Great Britain campaign, which aims to change the image of modern manufacturing.
An exhibition will be placed in London's Science Museum during the Olympics featuring winners from each of the categories, which include Make it... Stronger, Make it... Sustainable, Make it…Smarter, and Make it…Life changing.
A youth section called Make it... Breakthrough was open to entrants aged 16 to 21, and entries in this category can conform to any of the other four categories. Ahead of the exhibition opening in July, members of the public will have a chance to vote on which of the finalists in this category they believe is the most significant innovation, with the winner securing a place in the Science Museum for the entire duration of the exhibit.
"This challenge creates the perfect platform to celebrate the most innovative and creative manufacturing minds out there today, while showcasing their skills to potential investors, employers and peers who could help kick-start their ideas into real commercial ventures," Prisk said.
Brompton Bicycles managing director Will Butler-Adams, who is on the judging panel, said: "The Make it in Great Britain Challenge will remind us how many fantastic things we make across the UK."
Find out more about the Make it in Great Britain Challenge.
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Chip and pin compromised by hackers 'within a year'
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed
- MH370 search team may have looked in the wrong location for two years
- Lithuania launches campaign to lure away UK’s car-makers