- Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
We are an innovative, robust and fast growing business, whose main focus is to deliver continues improvement to existing products and offer new sol..
- Recruiter: Helmet Integrated Systems / Gentex Corporation
- Cumbernauld, Glasgow
- Grade: 6/7* £26,537 - £37,768*
Work as part of a growing dynamic team on a wide range of technical projects with particular emphasis on experimental validation and testing
- Recruiter: University of Strathclyde
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Responsible for updating and writing electrical engineering standards, approved codes of practice and safe systems of work
- Recruiter: Affinity Water
- York, North Yorkshire
Senior electronics engineer to work as part of a team developing an MEG imaging system; working with the engineering team and external contractors.
- Recruiter: York Instruments
- Lostock Junction
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Whats the opportunity? Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDAs deliverable commitments are met...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Great Dunmow, Essex
This High Voltage Engineer will provide design leadership for high voltage cable assemblies up to one megavolt.
- Recruiter: Essex X-Ray & Medical Equipment
- Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria, England
Team Leader - Flank Arrays Would you like to work in a unique role within the construction of the Astute Class submarines? We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader - Flank Arrays at our site in Barrow-in-Furness. As a Team Leader - Flank Arrays, you
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- circa £35,000 per annum + bonus
Develop new test equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. Good opportunities to grow and develop. Successful family-owned and managed business.
- Recruiter: Copley Scientific Ltd
- Birmingham, West Midlands
Our transport technology team in Birmingham is currently growing a highly skilled and customer-focused team to...
- Recruiter: Mott MacDonald
- Southampton, Hampshire
- £45,271 to £49,207 per annum
Responsible for technical oversight and project management of internally and externally funded innovation centre projects.
- Recruiter: National Oceanographic Centre
Nokia Siemens to sell optical networks unit
The German headquarters of Nokia Siemens Networks in Munich
Mobile telecoms equipment maker Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) has announced it will sell its optical fibre networks unit to Marlin Equity Partners.
NSN didn't give any financial details for the sale but said it would be completed in the first quarter of next year.
As a result of the deal as many as 1,900 employees, mainly in Germany and Portugal, will be transferred to the new company, NSN said in a statement.
Nokia Siemens Networks, which competes with Ericsson, Huawei and Alcatel Lucent, is undertaking a cost-cutting plan, which includes laying off a quarter of its staff and selling product lines to focus on mobile broadband.
The joint venture between Nokia Oyj and Siemens AG has been a drain on profits for owners Nokia and Siemens but it reported record profits in the third quarter, helped by sales of equipment for fourth-generation high-speed LTE networks in Japan and Korea.
The restructuring is expected to result in 1 billion euros of cost savings by the end of next year.
"We visit Barcelona, one of the smartest cities in the world, to find out what makes it so special. What does it look like and what is the future?"
- HS2 to cost 'five times as much as TGV', study finds
- Turning sunlight into heat doubles solar cell efficiency
- Apple investigating electric vehicle charging stations
- Heart-monitoring tablet named best tech innovation for Africa
- Nasa inflates Bigelow space station module
- Robots threatening more jobs than immigrants, Labour MP says