- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s top 20 institutions of higher education.....
- Recruiter: The University of Edinburgh
- Bristol, England / Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness, England
Principal Electrical Engineer - Power Join our Electrical Power team and help design the self-contained generation and distribution system for the Successor submarine - a new generation of submarine designed to carry the UK's independent nuclear deterrent
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- England, Cambridgeshire
- £33000 - £39000 per annum
Operations Supervisor - (Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation) Salary: Circa £33k - 39k dependant on experience + vehicle and great additional benefits (share scheme, pension, potential bonus).Location: Wisbech - Cambridgeshire We currently have an excit
- Recruiter: National Grid
- England, Lancashire
- Competitive package
Would you like to be involved with training UK and international teams in Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) to support the in service fleet (Typhoon Tornado, and Hawk)?
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
What?s the opportunity? There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast paced roles, in...
- Recruiter: MBDA
- Teddington, United Kingdom
- £24,109 - £27,961 plus EO Electronics PE of £8,090.00
We are now looking for a Metering Engineer to deliver RD’s In-Service Testing (IST) scheme for gas and electricity meters.
- Recruiter: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- £46,625 to £57,640 per annum
As an experienced Estates Manager, you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of the Estates service.
- Recruiter: The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
- Warwick, Warwickshire
You will be required to lead the regional Customer Services strategy and resources to maximise Customer satisfaction.
- Recruiter: Siemens
Farnell element14 auctioning Raspberry Pi Model A Board
Raspberry Pi Model A
Farnell element14 is spreading some festive cheer by auctioning a Raspberry Pi Model A production sample board to raise money this Christmas for its UK charity Take Heart.
The multi-channel distributor of electronic components, and part of the Premier Farnell group, Farnell element14 is partnering with the Raspberry Pi Foundation and auctioning off 12 Model A boards as part of its “12 Pis of Christmas” to raise money for charities over the Christmas period.
Take Heart is the charity supporting patients, relatives and staff at the Yorkshire Heart Centre at the Leeds General Infirmary.
Mike Buffham, director of Supplier and Product Management at Farnell element14, said: “We are very grateful to the Raspberry Pi Foundation for the opportunity to raise money for our nominated charity.
"It will be really appreciated by our team in the UK as we very actively support our nominated charities.
"The Yorkshire Heart Centre is a charity very close to many of our local employees.”
The Model A board has no ethernet and only one USB slot and importantly, consumes much less power than a Model B because the ethernet chip is missing.
The anticipated demand for the Model A board is from people making industrial control modules, roboticists, people doing automation, and, significantly, for people who want to use the Pi as a very cheap media centre.
The auction is now open until 30 December 2012 and anyone can take part by visiting the Raspberry Pi Foundation website
See more about Raspberry Pi in IET MyCommunity
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Chip and pin compromised by hackers 'within a year'
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed
- MH370 search team may have looked in the wrong location for two years
- Lithuania launches campaign to lure away UK’s car-makers