Farnell element14 auctioning Raspberry Pi Model A Board
Raspberry Pi Model A
Farnell element14 is spreading some festive cheer by auctioning a Raspberry Pi Model A production sample board to raise money this Christmas for its UK charity Take Heart.
The multi-channel distributor of electronic components, and part of the Premier Farnell group, Farnell element14 is partnering with the Raspberry Pi Foundation and auctioning off 12 Model A boards as part of its “12 Pis of Christmas” to raise money for charities over the Christmas period.
Take Heart is the charity supporting patients, relatives and staff at the Yorkshire Heart Centre at the Leeds General Infirmary.
Mike Buffham, director of Supplier and Product Management at Farnell element14, said: “We are very grateful to the Raspberry Pi Foundation for the opportunity to raise money for our nominated charity.
"It will be really appreciated by our team in the UK as we very actively support our nominated charities.
"The Yorkshire Heart Centre is a charity very close to many of our local employees.”
The Model A board has no ethernet and only one USB slot and importantly, consumes much less power than a Model B because the ethernet chip is missing.
The anticipated demand for the Model A board is from people making industrial control modules, roboticists, people doing automation, and, significantly, for people who want to use the Pi as a very cheap media centre.
The auction is now open until 30 December 2012 and anyone can take part by visiting the Raspberry Pi Foundation website
See more about Raspberry Pi in IET MyCommunity
"This issue we honour a national hero, and the subject of Benedict Cumberbatch's latest film, codebreaker Alan Turing"
- Snooper's charter ‘dead and buried’ but police to get new Internet powers
- Complex cyber-spying malware uncovered by researchers
- Hackers access thousands of web cams as passwords weak
- Volcanic ash detector fitted to long-haul jet
- Hacking major threat to driverless vehicle adoption
- Geoengineering is scary business, scientist admits
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.