Delta Airlines order boost for Bombardier
Bombardier’s CRJ900 airliner
Bombardier says a new airplane order worth more than £2 billion will keep workers in jobs.
Delta Airlines has ordered 40 of the CRJ900 NextGen jets but could request a further 30 of the aircraft in the future.
Workers at the Canadian aerospace company's Belfast plant are responsible for the design and manufacture of the centre fuselage, engine nacelles and composite wing components.
A spokeswoman said: "We in Belfast will once again benefit, given the significant role we play in the CRJ900 NextGen programme.
"This order is a further vote of confidence by customers in Bombardier's products, and in the skills and capabilities of our workforce here in Belfast."
Last week Vistajet, a private jet charter firm, signed a deal for up to 142 global Bombardier-built business jets in a deal worth more than £4.8 billion - the largest in the company's history.
The spokeswoman said: "Orders such as these over the past week are helping to maintain our current manpower levels and secure the long-term future of our design and manufacturing operations in Northern Ireland."
"How do you feel about the Internet of Things, big data, wearables, gamification or self-driving cars? Hyper excited or just plain bored?"
- Wind farm construction puts seals’ hearing at risk
- Bluetooth reveals security loopholes in smart tech
- Big data to change urban mobility habits across the globe
- What are the prospects for born-again dinosaurs?
- Trial and error advances artificial intelligence in robots
- World’s largest computer games collection on display
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.