We are looking for an electrical engineer with around 4- 6 years of design experience to join and work with an able and talented group of engineers..
- Recruiter: Max Fordham LLP
- England, Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness
- Competitive package
As an Engineering Manager - Naval Architecture you will be managing the Whole Boat Architecture and Concepts team tasked with supporting the delivery of the remaining Astute submarines, and developing new technology for future submarine programmes.
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Bootle, Cheltenham and London
- Competitive + Benefits
With expertise and influence, you’ll set the standard for nuclear safety.
- Recruiter: Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Albany or Palmerston North
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to lead and further develop a well-established and internationally recognized School.
- Recruiter: Massey University
- City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Circa £65,000 (There may be more for an exceptional candidate)
You will lead on a number of engineering infrastructure and associated workstreams under direction from the Deputy Director
- Recruiter: House of Commons
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- England, Warwickshire
- £25000 - £28000 per annum
Profile: To provide a range of support activities to the Construction delivery teams to ensure the effective delivery, document management, reporting and closure of projects. To support the Senior Project Manager in the measurement of function performance
- Recruiter: National Grid
- South West England
Exciting opportunities have arisen within as we expand to meet the growing demands of the UK Submarine Programme.
- Recruiter: Babcock
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
- Warwick, Warwickshire
You will be required to lead the regional Customer Services strategy and resources to maximise Customer satisfaction.
- Recruiter: Siemens
IGas doubles shale gas estimates
Shale gas drilling rig
British shale gas company IGas has more than doubled its estimate of gas in place at its site in north-west England.
IGas chief executive Andrew Austin said shale gas reserves at its Ince Marshes site in Cheshire could be more than twice its pre-drill estimates of up to 4.6 trillion cubic feet, boosting Britain's reserves to levels above Poland's, until now the focus of the shale gas industry in Europe.
"When you combine our estimates with Cuadrilla's flow results, you're looking at probably a shale that's going to be better than what has been seen in Europe, definitely better than Poland," said Austin.
Cuadrilla Resources suspended fracking in May 2011 at a site near Blackpool after its fracking operations caused tremors in the nearby area.
Austin said that IGas was now looking for a partner to further develop its shale gas resources
"Following a number of enquiries from interested parties, we are now launching a process to engage a suitable farm-in partner to participate in drilling further wells to corroborate these results and to develop our shale resource."
Austin said IGas would produce gas only if it could be done "in a way that's acceptable" to the local community.
The future of shale gas exploration in Europe is unclear because of environmental concerns and lack of regulatory clarity.
In March, Poland slashed its shale gas reserves to 346-768 billion bcm, some 90 per cent lower than previous estimates.
These figures knocked Poland out of the top 20 countries with the highest shale gas reserves and put it behind other European countries such as France, Norway, Ukraine and Sweden.
Previously the EIA had ranked Poland at 11th globally, ahead of France.
Figures for Britain were not yet available for publication in this ranking, but should IGas's new estimates of over 260 bcm of reserves prove accurate, its combined potential with Cuadrilla would probably push Britain's reserves ahead of Poland's.
The UK government expects to make an announcement on whether Cuadrilla can resume fracking in due course, a spokesman for the Department of Energy and Climate Change said.
In continental Europe, France and Bulgaria both put a moratorium on shale gas exploration in 2011 citing environmental concerns.
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- Apple’s future lies with AI and augmented reality, says CEO
- Porsche gears up for all-electric model as parent company VW cleans up its act
- Ocean computer simulation reveals alternative MH370 location
- Dolly the sheep’s cloned siblings shown to be in perfect health
- Solar Impulse 2 completes record-breaking round-the-world flight
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Coffee and donuts in first US commercial drone delivery
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Fishing drone flies 2km out to sea and brings home its catch
- Amazon delivery drones heading to UK with government support
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed