Engineering jobs created by BT
BT creating 150 engineering jobs
BT is creating 150 engineering jobs in its Openreach division to help deliver super-fast broadband.
The engineers will start work next month and will be part of a mobile engineering workforce helping to install broadband to homes and businesses.
Liv Garfield, chief executive of Openreach, said: "We're really pleased with the progress we are making in delivering our fibre deployment. Through system and process enhancements, we're delighted to be delivering fibre even faster.
"We can only do this if we have the right number and calibre of engineers on the ground. It is also fantastic to be able to offer permanent jobs to people in the current economic climate."
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- Ideas for a final year university project [02:08 pm 24/05/13]
- Fourth Generation Nuclear: Molten Salt Reactors [10:39 am 24/05/13]
- LED bulb efficiency - its all about the drivers not the LEDs? [09:52 am 24/05/13]
- Marketing from Engineers' perspective [02:18 am 24/05/13]
- EMC and ESD short training course [08:49 pm 23/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast