We are looking for an electrical engineer with around 4- 6 years of design experience to join and work with an able and talented group of engineers..
- Recruiter: Max Fordham LLP
- England, Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness
- Competitive package
As an Engineering Manager - Naval Architecture you will be managing the Whole Boat Architecture and Concepts team tasked with supporting the delivery of the remaining Astute submarines, and developing new technology for future submarine programmes.
- Recruiter: BAE Systems
- Bootle, Cheltenham and London
- Competitive + Benefits
With expertise and influence, you’ll set the standard for nuclear safety.
- Recruiter: Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Albany or Palmerston North
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to lead and further develop a well-established and internationally recognized School.
- Recruiter: Massey University
- City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Circa £65,000 (There may be more for an exceptional candidate)
You will lead on a number of engineering infrastructure and associated workstreams under direction from the Deputy Director
- Recruiter: House of Commons
- Zurich, Canton of Zürich (CH)
The successful candidate is expected to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of control and diagnostics of building systems
- Recruiter: ETH Zurich
- England, Warwickshire
- £25000 - £28000 per annum
Profile: To provide a range of support activities to the Construction delivery teams to ensure the effective delivery, document management, reporting and closure of projects. To support the Senior Project Manager in the measurement of function performance
- Recruiter: National Grid
- South West England
Exciting opportunities have arisen within as we expand to meet the growing demands of the UK Submarine Programme.
- Recruiter: Babcock
- Humber Refinery, South Killingholme, North Lincolnshire DN40 3DW
- £60k - 75k plus extensive Compensation and benefits package, dependent upon experience
Experienced Process Control Leader providing leadership and technical support for Oil Refinery. Extensive Compensation and benefits package.
- Recruiter: Phillips 66
- Warwick, Warwickshire
You will be required to lead the regional Customer Services strategy and resources to maximise Customer satisfaction.
- Recruiter: Siemens
Electricals retailer to close up to 10 Comet stores and axe jobs
Up to 10 Comet stores to close
Comet owner Kesa Electricals is closing up to 10 stores this year after suffering another slide in UK sales.
The retailer, which has 248 outlets in the UK, will also shut one of its three warehouses and axe 12 of its 14 regional service centres, which are used as a base by its engineers who repair and service its products.
With Comet closing between five and 10 stores this year, Kesa said it expects to make 150 redundancies in the UK, including 40 recent job cuts at Comet’s head offices in Hull and Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire.
Same-store sales at Comet declined by 15.2 per cent in the 12 weeks to April 30 and are now down 7.7 per cent over the past year as the retailer struggled in difficult market conditions following January’s increase in VAT to 20 per cent. Online sales in the UK reduced by eight per cent.
Kesa warned earlier this year that Comet will make a loss this year after trade was disrupted by snow in the run-up to Christmas.
The company said it was likely that the warehouse to close would be in Corby, Northamptonshire, although this is subject to consultation.
Kesa’s business in France, where it trades as Darty, saw a five per cent rise in same-store sales in the final quarter of the financial year but this was offset by struggling markets such as the UK and Spain. Overall like-for-like sales were down 3.1 per cent in the period, which was slightly better than the City’s expectations of a fall of five per cent.
Shares rose one per cent as traders reacted to the smaller than expected sales slump and the restructuring plans.
"As the dust settles after the referendum result, we consider what happens next. We also look forward to an international summer of sport."
- Apple’s future lies with AI and augmented reality, says CEO
- Porsche gears up for all-electric model as parent company VW cleans up its act
- Ocean computer simulation reveals alternative MH370 location
- Dolly the sheep’s cloned siblings shown to be in perfect health
- Solar Impulse 2 completes record-breaking round-the-world flight
- HMS Ambush submarine crashes into ship, again
- Coffee and donuts in first US commercial drone delivery
- Tesla’s 'Master Plan' future for self-driving cars and solar power
- Fishing drone flies 2km out to sea and brings home its catch
- Amazon delivery drones heading to UK with government support
- Flight MH370 search to be suspended, relatives informed