The IET/BCS Turing Lecture 2010 trailer video
On 25 February 2010 IET/BCS Turing Lecturer Professor Christopher Bishop, chief research scientist at Microsoft Research Cambridge, will be speaking on ‘Embracing Uncertainty: The New Machine Intelligence’. He looks at developments in probabilistic modelling which have expanded variety and scale of machine learning applications, and explores future potential for this technology.
The 25 February lecture will also be shown live online - more information: www.theiet.org/lectures. In this short video preview interview below Professor Bishop talks about his key themes.
Professor Bishop will also be delivering this year’s The IET/BCS Turing Lecture in person at three additional venues:
- 16 March 2010 - Cardiff University
- 17 March 2010 - University of Manchester
- 18 March 2010 - University of Edinburgh
"Is augmented reality the next big thing or a marketing gimmick? Is it fundamental to the future or a fashion faux pas?"
- Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 5th Floor Highly Radioactive Debris [03:09 pm 17/05/13]
- Cluster formation on cooja simulator [01:59 pm 17/05/13]
- DSLAM Power Consumption [01:58 pm 17/05/13]
- English is not my first language. [01:23 am 17/05/13]
- Transport 2020 [09:35 pm 16/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast