NLyte adds BI to data centre management software
The latest version of nlyte’s data centre infrastructure management software DCIM 6.0 does more to help data centres managers forecast capacity and billing requirements.
The latest version of nlyte’s data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) software will feature greater integration with business intelligence (BI) tools; a wider range of pre-defined dashboards providing key data centre management metrics; improved reports; and more accurate data centre capacity forecasting and provisioning tools.
DCIM is designed for data centre managers looking to mine accurate information from the hardware and software assets under their control, including detailed energy usage statistics to help cut electricity bills and achieve carbon footprint targets.
Version 6.0, available in January, adds integration with BMC’s Remedy IT service management suite (ITSM) which provides change management and workflow capabilities. It has also dropped Crystal Reports as the default reporting tool, which was proving expensive for end users, and replaced it with the Microsoft reporting tool that comes free with an enterprise SQL Server license (all information about data centre components and the relationships between them is stored in an SQL database).
DCIM is licensed per rack, allowing companies to fill their data centres with equipment gradually without having to pay too much of a licensing premium in advance. Customers currently using the software include Computacenter, O2, Nationwide and Scottish and Southern Energy.
"How do you feel about the Internet of Things, big data, wearables, gamification or self-driving cars? Hyper excited or just plain bored?"
- ‘Safest bike ever’ designed by UK inventor
- New railway signalling system vulnerable to hackers, says expert
- Contact centres 'missing data analytics advantage'
- Healthcare and wearable technology: monitoring the connected body
- India plasma research centre promises sun-like energy
- Bespoke electric taxi for tropical cities unveiled
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.