Full HD over fibre now possible for home environments
Connectivity provider Gefen has released an HDMI v.1.3 over Fibre IR IR extender cable – allowing installations with distances of up to 300 metres with a single fibre optic cable.
The system uses technology from Omron that guarantees full raw signal transmission.
“Omron Electronic Components SX51 OSAs allow for the transmission of bidirectional, copyright-protected, high definition video streams over fibre without decoding or compression.”
As the cable is HDCP compliant, IR (infrared) control can also be extended over the same wire – allowing the user easier access to control their audio or video source at the remote location.
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- Isolation for repair of transformer feeder [09:57 pm 22/05/13]
- Wires numbering in Motor Control Cabinet (MCC) - continuous or not? [03:16 pm 22/05/13]
- "Contracts for Difference" in the Explanatory Notes to the Energy Bill [02:02 pm 22/05/13]
- Old LV Switchgear replacement Companies [12:54 pm 22/05/13]
- Delegated Powers Memorandum [12:33 pm 22/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast