Last 12 issues
The wild issue
15 July 2014
First World War
17 June 2014
Dress code smart
20 May 2014
Keep the lights on
15 April 2014
Life on Mars?
11 March 2014
Sochi Winter Olympics
12 February 2014
21 January 2014
The watch men
17 December 2013
Internet of Everything
12 November 2013
15 October 2013
The great escape
15 September 2013
The sci-fi special
12 August 2013
While most industries find doing their part to combat climate change a burden, for aviation there is an enviable alignment between cutting costs and CO2. Better fuel efficiency reduces both emissions and the single largest cost to the industry, but the sector is still looking for a game changer that could realise the dream of cheap green air travel.
Modelling and simulation software plays a critical role in supporting blue sky thinking at the early stages of aircraft flight control systems design and validation.
With delays to smart metering rollout, focus is turning to smart thermostats in the home.
"Even the smallest of creatures in the most far-flung places around the world are getting wired up for tracking"
- Modelling & Simulation lifts aerospace control systems
- Data science centre to boost competitiveness of UK firms
- Evolution of aircraft explains Concordes fate
- British manufacturers are bringing manufacturing back to Britain
- MPs to sue Government over surveillance act
- Costa Concordia’s final journey begins
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast