E&T tablet editions: FAQ
E&T tablet edition FAQ
For IET members: tap the "Sign in" button at the top-left corner of the screen. A pop-up window will appear. Enter your membership number as username and your surname as password. Once you tap the "Sign in" button, your details will be authenticated. This will only take a few seconds. Once successful, you will be offered issues to download.
If you are not an IET member, you will be able to purchase individual issues or take out a paid subscription (tap the Subscribe link at the top-left corner of the screen for details) through the usual Apple, Google Play or Amazon purchase process. You will need to ensure that in-app purchasing is enabled on your device. For a free sample issue click on the "Download" button next to the issue marked "Free".
Rate us. Post a review. We would be delighted to receive your feedback and welcome your suggestions for developing the E&T app further.
FAQs from IET members
Do IET members have to pay for the E&T tablet editions?
The E&T tablet editions are a free benefit to all current IET members.
I can’t remember my membership number. How can I find out what it is?
- You’ll find your membership number on your IET membership card.
- If you have registered on the IET website you can find your membership number by logging into My IET.
- You can also call the membership department: +44 (0)1438 765678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With which month’s edition will my tablet subscription start?
You will have access to the current edition from the date that you first log in and then all forward issues from that date onwards.
Will IET members continue to receive the E&T magazine in print?
Yes, E&T will continue to be mailed out to IET members as a fundamental part of their membership
When will the monthly E&T tablet editions be available?
We aim to publish the tablet edition within a week of you receiving your print copy.
Now I can get the magazine on my tablet, do I have to receive the print copy?
E&T magazine is a valued element of IET membership and you are entitled to receive it each month. If you wish to stop receiving the hard copy, please email email@example.com with your details.
Can I access back issues on my tablet?
You can access all back issues going back to the date you first logged in.
What is the E&T app called?
You can search for the app using multiple search terms: e.g. "E&T", "Engineering & Technology", "E&Tmag".
Why can’t I see this month’s E&T edition?
I entered my membership number and surname but nothing is happening.
Check you have completed all of the on-screen instructions to complete both steps of the sign-in process and you tapped the Submit button. IET members will need to ensure they are using the correct membership number and that their IET membership fees are up-to-date.
IET membership: who do I contact regarding my IET membership?
For all queries about your membership or E&T magazine, please contact the membership department: +44 (0)1438 765678, e-mail IET Membership.
Advertising: who do I contact concerning advertising in E&T (print, online, iPad)?
Please contact Louise Hall: +44 (0)1438 767351, e-mail Louise Hall.
Content: who do I contact concerning editorial calendars and content in E&T?
Please contact Dominic Lenton: e-mail Dominic Lention
Google Play Magazines
"This issue we honour a national hero, and the subject of Benedict Cumberbatch's latest film, codebreaker Alan Turing"
- £3.2bn engine order to help Rolls-Royce through lean years
- Hacking major threat to driverless vehicle adoption
- China could shutdown critical US infrastructure, says NSA chief
- Radioactivity leak in nuclear plant fire blamed on safety failings
- Only 1 per cent of new car buyers would consider going electric
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.