16 July 2014
Gap years have become a rite of passage for many students. While the experience of travelling will expand your horizons, the time can also be put to more worthwhile use by undertaking voluntary work or participating in a project that will provide valuable experience for the future.
11 July 2014
In today’s job market you need to both seize and create opportunities that help to mark you out from colleagues and demonstrate to your line manager that you have what it takes to progress up the career ladder.
04 July 2014
Ultra-low emission vehicles for driving schools, anti-flooding street umbrellas and neighbourhood heat storage batteries were just some of the ideas designed to address real-world challenges as part of a pilot programme for UCL’s How to Change the World course.
- IET events this July
02 July 2014
- I’d like that job - Panagiota Letsou, product manager, Evoqua Water Technologies
27 June 2014
- From lecture hall to workplace
26 June 2014
- Raising the profile of women in engineering
18 June 2014
- The benefits of an industrial placement
13 June 2014
- Connecting the World Cup
05 June 2014
- IET events this June
04 June 2014
Nearly three-quarters of primary school teachers do not feel confident about teaching the new coding syllabus being introduced in September.
- Newton inspires Tim Peake's mission
18 July 2014
- Twin chemical signals direct MRI enhancers to tumours
17 July 2014
- Gadgets are students most prized possessions
16 July 2014
- Record number of students attend UKESF summer school
09 July 2014
25 July 2014 | Source: Test
Band-gap engineering of nanowires could boost batteries
02 October 2013 | Source: spectrum.ieee.org
Nuclear fusion energy research inches closer to elusive break-even point
02 October 2013 | Source: huffingtonpost.com
First brain-controlled bionic leg developed and tested
02 October 2013 | Source: redorbit.com
Gartner: 3D printer industry to see massive growth
02 October 2013 | Source: webpronews.com
"Even the smallest of creatures in the most far-flung places around the world are getting wired up for tracking"
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast