22 October 2014
Engineers think and act in distinctive ways. How they think about and relate to the world around them is what makes them different. But how do we educate our engineers of the future in order to nurture these unique perspectives?
17 October 2014
It’s important that students thinking about their industrial year understand fully what it’s going to involve and how they can gain the most from their experience.
15 October 2014
The online environment has liberated the world of learning and taken distance learning in particular into a new dimension. One of the most recent developments is a MOOC, short for ‘massive open online course’.
- Graduate schemes: how to beat the odds
10 October 2014
- You’ve got the job!
03 October 2014
- IET events this October
01 October 2014
- I’d like that job – Jack Strong, materials engineer, Grainger & Worrall
24 September 2014
- International work experience
19 September 2014
- Mastering video interviews
17 September 2014
- Comment: Bring back polytechnics
15 September 2014
Don’t leave it too late – entry into two of the world’s biggest student engineering competitions closes in late November.
- Rebrand engineering to represent diverse profession, says report
23 October 2014
- BAE Systems to launch aircraft maintenance training academy
21 October 2014
- Doctor Who to help teach kids to code in new game
20 October 2014
- Young engineers awarded research funds
07 October 2014
Latest NDE study in Southhampton
15 October 2014 | Source: The Daily Telegraph
Rolls-Royce plans Bognor Regis technology centre
09 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
A house-sized asteroid is passing Earth
08 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
Moto 360 circular smartwatch released by Motorola
05 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
Dyson says Britain shoould leave the EU
05 September 2014 | Source: The Daily Telegraph
"Climate change in Antarctica is leading to interest in extracting the region's natural resources, but there's the small matter of a treaty."
- Job Centre goes digital
- Google acquires Oxford AI start-ups for DeepMind project
- Queen opens Information Age exhibition at Science Museum
- Promising oil-field discovered in North Sea
- China's lunar return probe carries European radio experiment
- Spanish city tests acoustic sensors in EU future internet project
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast