30 October 2014
During her aerospace engineering degree Maria interned for the European Space Agency. Upon graduation she wanted to experience more ‘tangible’ engineering, so joined Eaton’s graduate programme, working in hydraulics.
22 October 2014
Engineers think and act in distinctive ways. How they think about and relate to the world around them is what makes them different. But how do we educate our engineers of the future in order to nurture these unique perspectives?
17 October 2014
It’s important that students thinking about their industrial year understand fully what it’s going to involve and how they can gain the most from their experience.
- The rise of the MOOC
15 October 2014
- Graduate schemes: how to beat the odds
10 October 2014
- You’ve got the job!
03 October 2014
- IET events this October
01 October 2014
- I’d like that job – Jack Strong, materials engineer, Grainger & Worrall
24 September 2014
- International work experience
19 September 2014
- Mastering video interviews
17 September 2014
A "massive contraction" in the number of universities offering degree courses in mining engineering is putting the UK’s extractive sector at risk, MPs say.
- November deadline for engineering competition entries
24 October 2014
- Rebrand engineering to represent diverse profession, says report
23 October 2014
- BAE Systems to launch aircraft maintenance training academy
21 October 2014
- Doctor Who to help teach kids to code in new game
20 October 2014
Latest NDE study in Southhampton
15 October 2014 | Source: The Daily Telegraph
Rolls-Royce plans Bognor Regis technology centre
09 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
A house-sized asteroid is passing Earth
08 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
Moto 360 circular smartwatch released by Motorola
05 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
Dyson says Britain shoould leave the EU
05 September 2014 | Source: The Daily Telegraph
"Climate change in Antarctica is leading to interest in extracting the region's natural resources, but there's the small matter of a treaty."
- Mobile data more accurate than census, says study
- Asteroid mining experiment destroyed in Antares launch inferno
- Rail decisions made 'using unrealistic analysis'
- £1.5bn for next-gen military air traffic management system
- Watershed moment for wearables this Christmas, says Samsung
- One atom thin material turns motion into electricity
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast