23 April 2015
The point of higher education, aside from the subsidised student bar, is to attain qualifications, so ace-ing those all-important exams means swerving a few common but potentially disastrous mistakes.
20 April 2015
England's three main political parties are out to win the apprenticeships argument at election time. But whose policies would best tackle the engineering skills gap? And what issues face those making apprenticeships work at the local level?
09 April 2015
You dutifully pay them your subscriptions year on year, and you’re vaguely aware of belonging to a wider community that sometimes seems abstract and nebulous, but make your membership work for you and the benefits will be immense.
- Introducing Lucy Ackland, winner of the 2014 Women’s Engineering Society (WES) Award
08 April 2015
- Remote working: the things you need to consider
02 April 2015
- IET events this April
01 April 2015
- I’d like that job - Christopher Baker-Brian, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, BBOXX
27 March 2015
- Wildlife conservation takes to the skies with UAV competition
25 March 2015
- Country focus – Turkey
18 March 2015
- Comment: engineering skills crisis in schools?
16 March 2015
Applications are now being accepted for the 2015 Range Rover Evoque WISE Scholarship, aimed at young women planning a career in technology and engineering in the UK.
- Biotechnology YES 2015 open for new research entries
15 April 2015
- Robots to tackle the gender divide in STEM
15 April 2015
- NASA Space Apps Challenge open to all
09 April 2015
- Engineering academics believe teaching offers little career value
31 March 2015
Latest NDE study in Southhampton
15 October 2014 | Source: The Daily Telegraph
Rolls-Royce plans Bognor Regis technology centre
09 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
A house-sized asteroid is passing Earth
08 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
Moto 360 circular smartwatch released by Motorola
05 September 2014 | Source: BBC News
Dyson says Britain shoould leave the EU
05 September 2014 | Source: The Daily Telegraph
"How do you feel about the Internet of Things, big data, wearables, gamification or self-driving cars? Hyper excited or just plain bored?"
- ‘Safest bike ever’ designed by UK inventor
- New railway signalling system vulnerable to hackers, says expert
- Healthcare and wearable technology: monitoring the connected body
- Contact centres 'missing data analytics advantage'
- India plasma research centre promises sun-like energy
- Inside the Gartner hype cycle
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.