22 May 2013
Begg, 25, is a PhD candidate in the department of Mechanical Engineering at MIT and the recipient of the prestigious $30,000 Lemelson-MIT Student Prize for his life-saving medical devices that improve the safety of puncture access procedures.
10 May 2013
It might be a well-worn cliché but the world really is your oyster as an engineer. We count down some of the world’s hotspots for engineering talent.
08 May 2013
International work experience can significantly increase your employability whether you later return home or remain abroad. It widens your horizons culturally and helps to mark you out as adaptable and go-getting to employers.
- Volunteer and see the world!
03 May 2013
- IET events this May
02 May 2013
- Women engineers: building a bright future
19 April 2013
- Introducing Charlotte Tingley, winner of the 2012 WES Prize
17 April 2013
- Clichéd interview questions
12 April 2013
- What are top employers looking for?
10 April 2013
- Mind does matter
05 April 2013
Green-thinking engineers at the University of Sheffield have been switching-off lights, computers and machinery in a bid to save money and create new scholarships.
- Vodafone hailed for pledge to recruit 400 graduates
24 May 2013
- Medical diagnostic and energy saving tech win prize
21 May 2013
- Cat ‘digs’ uni students
15 May 2013
- Greater industry and academic collaboration needed
13 May 2013
Colour-mixing light device could lead to optical computing
23 May 2013 | Source: theengineer.co.uk
Cold fusion reactor independently verified, has 10,000 times the energy density of gas
23 May 2013 | Source: extremetech.com
Stitching defects into world's thinnest semiconductor
23 May 2013 | Source: sciencedaily.com
Designing labs, research buildings
23 May 2013 | Source: csemag.com
EU pledges 5 billion EUR funding for electronics research
23 May 2013 | Source: ca.reuters.com
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- UK just six hours from running out of gas in March [09:02 pm 24/05/13]
- Ideas for a final year university project [05:55 pm 24/05/13]
- Fourth Generation Nuclear: Molten Salt Reactors [10:39 am 24/05/13]
- LED bulb efficiency - its all about the drivers not the LEDs? [09:52 am 24/05/13]
- Marketing from Engineers' perspective [02:18 am 24/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast