14 April 2014
Big data is trending as the pass-code that will unlock the secrets of commercial success. But what is big data, and how does it differ from conventional business analytics? Thomas Davenport's latest book explains all.
12 April 2014
The continuing furore over the Heartbleed bug holds important lessons for the IT industry, both about the way it responds to major incidents and also the way software is produced.
04 April 2014
A large contingent of people online are upset about Facebook’s acquisition of Oculus, but the cash injection may well prove vital in getting their virtual reality device to market.
- The rise of the thinking machines
31 March 2014
- The Web at 25 – is it showing its age?
12 March 2014
- Crowdfunding for tech companies
11 March 2014
- Hannover Messe 2014: e-vehicle technology powers ahead
10 March 2014
- Analysis: Why reports of bitcoin’s demise missed the point
07 March 2014
- Classic Projects: magnetic compass
10 February 2014
- Pay a risk manager or pocket the cash - what would you do?
20 January 2014
Finland's Metso has spurned a merger approach from rival engineering firm Weir, dashing hopes of boosting its mining equipment business.
- Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox likely to be liquidated
16 April 2014
- Google admits it scans emails to tailor adverts
15 April 2014
- German space agency subject to extensive cyber attack
14 April 2014
- GM suspends engineers over ignition switch recall
11 April 2014
Band-gap engineering of nanowires could boost batteries
02 October 2013 | Source: spectrum.ieee.org
Nuclear fusion energy research inches closer to elusive break-even point
02 October 2013 | Source: huffingtonpost.com
First brain-controlled bionic leg developed and tested
02 October 2013 | Source: redorbit.com
Gartner: 3D printer industry to see massive growth
02 October 2013 | Source: webpronews.com
Filling the gaps in the flow of renewable energy
02 October 2013 | Source: www.nytimes.com
"Power cuts might seem like a 1970s fad, but they could be on the way back. How can we prevent them happening again?"
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast