Voice and video performance management in unified communications networks
Building unified communications networks takes quality of experience management as well as quality of service guarantees.
This piece of contributed content looks at ways to ensure that unified communications networks offer good voice and video performance. The obvious first step is to specify and enforce quality of service guarantees for time-critical traffic on the network. But Joe Frost, vice president of marketing at Psytechnics, says this is not enough. To really make these unified networks acceptable to their users, network managers need to focus on quality of experience as well.
Read the full paper on managing voice and video performance on unified communications networks.
|To start a discussion topic about this article, please log in or register.|
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- Ideas for a final year university project [02:08 pm 24/05/13]
- Fourth Generation Nuclear: Molten Salt Reactors [10:39 am 24/05/13]
- LED bulb efficiency - its all about the drivers not the LEDs? [09:52 am 24/05/13]
- Marketing from Engineers' perspective [02:18 am 24/05/13]
- EMC and ESD short training course [08:49 pm 23/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast