Welcome to the E&T case studies area
Here we present a collection of case studies core to the IET’s mission to innovate, inform and provide practical application to find solutions to day-to-day problems as efficiently as possible.
Latest case studies
Research by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) has examined how you can achieve competitive advantage through people in SMEs, taking an engineering company as one of the central case studies.
Stephen Killen of ConneXon examines the problems associated with delivering correct location information with 999 (or 112) calls made from within private telephone networks and considers the regulatory, legal and moral obligations placed on organisations to ensure that this information reliable.
"Climate change in Antarctica is leading to interest in extracting the region's natural resources, but there's the small matter of a treaty."
- Second Chinese high-speed train maker to bid in California’s tender
- Medical devices under review over cyber-security flaws
- Green energy ambitions for 2030 under pressure at EU summit
- Second ship joins renewed MH370 hunt
- Hitachi achieves read/write on 100 layer fused silica glass
- Expansion of drones pose security and privacy risk
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast