2 Jul 2015 by Kavitha Srinivasa
Friends even as I watched the webcast of the Digital India event, I must say the mood has been euphoric. The spirit has been reflected in the Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi's speech, who said that Digital India will provide jobs to 18 lakh individuals.
25 Jun 2015 by Chris Edwards
There are people and companies trying to design robots and computers that process emotional cues to help them better "understand us". Given the success of previous attempts to make computers more helpful at a personal level, the thing I fear is a cross between Barney the Dinosaur and Marvin the Paranoid Android more than dangerously psychotic robots.
1 Jun 2015 by Justin Pollard
The story of modern recreational diving began in the late nineteenth century when a young Maurice Fernez tripped over and fell in the water. The accident, in which he damaged his ankle, left Fernez with a life-long limp and a not unreasonable fear of drowning. But like all good engineers, rather than avoid the water, Fernez decided to conquer his fear.
28 May 2015 by Paul Dempsey
A clean-out of football's rancid stable is overdue. FIFA, the sport's governing body, has been dogged by well-researched accusations of corruption for years, yet no legal authority seemed willing or able to act upon them until now. But the notion that this week's US and Swiss criminal indictments and investigations are solely about cleaning up an ugly game should be dispelled. From Washington, a message is also being sent to every major international industry, including ours.
"Asimov's three laws of robotics debuted in a story set this year, in 2015. Will real robots be most like Robby, Terminator or the Synths?"
- 3D printing to improve properties of optical fibres
- Middle-manager inaction the weak link in enterprise cyber-security
- Siemens launches largest hydrogen energy storage plant
- Global mobile payment app developed for public transport
- Redacted fracking report finally reveals risks
- Solar Impulse breaks record for solo flying
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]