22 May 2015 by Pelle Neroth
I remember Jacques Delors, then boss of the European commission, nemesis of Margaret Thatcher, predicting the end of the UK.
21 May 2015 by Kavitha Srinivasa
I saw a public tap running; it was left unattended till someone arrived to do the needful. I heaved a sigh of relief. I was in a traffic jam and even as the traffic congestion began to ease, the sight of water trickling away left me uncomfortable. I think you understand my discomfort. I mean water is an important natural resource. On the one side, water is linked to economic development and life, on the other side we seem to misuse water and even waste it.
20 May 2015 by Chris Edwards
In a stage interview at the Next Billion conference in London yesterday, (19 May) founding partner of venture capitalist (VC) firm Index Parters made the bold claim: "My most radical thesis is that entrepreneurs will save the world."
13 May 2015 by Paul Dempsey
There is a saying in politics, 'Elections are not won, they are lost.' This view might help explain why another of today's vaunted e-politics technologies, opinion polls, just got the UK general election result so badly wrong.
20 Apr 2015 by Vitali Vitaliev
I was both amused and enraged to read in several UK's national newspapers earlier this year about an unfortunate 7. 29 daily train "service" from Brighton to London which failed to arrive on time (8.25) EVERY SINGLE DAY in 2014. Not that trains chronically late trains were a huge novelty to me - a signal-problems-and-engineering-works-weary commuter. But to have your morning "service" late every single day of the year - that's the Guinness Book of Records material, no less...
"How do you feel about the Internet of Things, big data, wearables, gamification or self-driving cars? Hyper excited or just plain bored?"
- Wind farm construction puts seals’ hearing at risk
- Big data to change urban mobility habits across the globe
- Bluetooth reveals security loopholes in smart tech
- What are the prospects for born-again dinosaurs?
- Bat-like robotic sonar system 'more efficient'
- Robo-journalist and human reporter at loggerheads
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.