13 July 2012 by James Hayes
being asked if you want to 'upgrade' to a meal deal - for just an extra 20p you can add an apple or a chocolate bar or a packet of crisps to your pre-packed sandwich. As an acquaintance of mine observes, "The most annoying thing about the 'meal deal' phenomenon is the way shop staff stare at you when you decline their 'irresistible' offer, as though you're crazy for not going for it". Anyway, here's Buzzsore's latest update of the dirty dozen current clichés...
1. Kick it into the long grass
2. Be careful what you wish for
4. Moral compass
6. Thought leadership
7. Box ticking exercise
8. Outcomes (especially 'patient outcomes' in any NHS story)
10. 360° (as in '360° view')
11. All of the above
12. Coping mechanism(s)
Posted By: James Hayes @ 13 July 2012 05:11 PM Weasel Watch
FuseTalk Standard Edition - © 1999-2013 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- Ideas for a final year university project [02:08 pm 24/05/13]
- Fourth Generation Nuclear: Molten Salt Reactors [10:39 am 24/05/13]
- LED bulb efficiency - its all about the drivers not the LEDs? [09:52 am 24/05/13]
- Marketing from Engineers' perspective [02:18 am 24/05/13]
- EMC and ESD short training course [08:49 pm 23/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast