E&T recalls a whistle-stop visit to the world’s only railway with dual nationality.
From an ink pot to a PC hard drive - E&T chronicles the super-fast (from our point of view) evolution of the technology of writing.
Vitali Vitaliev recalls his encounters with America's increasingly popular trend of 'commodification', where trees, buildings, food and even people are all made of plastic.
Vitali 'Two Stents' Vitaliev on a pioneering electronic device which has saved his life.
In this issues round-up of books we've been learning how to live dangerously - amongst other things.
"Our summer watersports special: surfing artificial waves, racing yachts for sport, superyachts for pleasure and much more besides"
- One-layer LED paves way for green lighting revolution
- Key component of Hubble successor arrives for assembly
- Japan sweetens high-speed rail offer to Indonesia
- Self-healing polymer could protect future spacecraft against meteorites
- Graphene fuel cell electric supercar planned to take on Ferrari
- Girls as young as seven put off engineering