09 November 2010
Patricia Ruckoff was diagnosed with motor neurone disease (MND) on Christmas eve 2009. But she has managed to maintain a degree of independence due to new voice synthesis technology provided by Time Is Ltd. Vitali Vitaliev speaks to its developer about the JayBee system.
05 October 2010
Watch our features editor single handedly - albeit with expert guidance from Dr Kate Amos of Nanotecture Ltd - construct a nanoporous metal out of soap in the company's Southampton laboratory.
E&T on whether technology and politics are compatible.
15 June 2010
E&T visits Napier University to experience a unique high-tech meeting room developed by Dr Oli Mival and his team.
Some little-known soccer curios: the Football War, the alternative VIVA tournament and a professional engineer who played for a national soccer team.
"Climate change in Antarctica is leading to interest in extracting the region's natural resources, but there's the small matter of a treaty."
- Job Centre goes digital
- China's lunar return probe carries European radio experiment
- Google acquires Oxford AI start-ups for DeepMind project
- Queen opens Information Age exhibition at Science Museum
- Promising oil-field discovered in North Sea
- Spanish city tests acoustic sensors in EU future internet project
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast