09 November 2010
Patricia Ruckoff was diagnosed with motor neurone disease (MND) on Christmas eve 2009. But she has managed to maintain a degree of independence due to new voice synthesis technology provided by Time Is Ltd. Vitali Vitaliev speaks to its developer about the JayBee system.
05 October 2010
Watch our features editor single handedly - albeit with expert guidance from Dr Kate Amos of Nanotecture Ltd - construct a nanoporous metal out of soap in the company's Southampton laboratory.
E&T on whether technology and politics are compatible.
15 June 2010
E&T visits Napier University to experience a unique high-tech meeting room developed by Dr Oli Mival and his team.
Some little-known soccer curios: the Football War, the alternative VIVA tournament and a professional engineer who played for a national soccer team.
"Immigration is no longer the elephant in the room. These days, everyone is talking about it. They are just not saying all the right things."
- £20m to get UK rid of polluting cabs
- Tactile internet: 5G and the Cloud on steroids
- Air-purification unit for cities cuts pollution by 40 per cent
- UK and Norway submerged interconnector to boost green power
- UK’s first commercial drone delivery trial completed
- Gravity-powered lamp for people with no electricity
- Test [06:22 pm 20/03/15]
- Test [06:20 pm 20/03/15]
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.