09 November 2010
Patricia Ruckoff was diagnosed with motor neurone disease (MND) on Christmas eve 2009. But she has managed to maintain a degree of independence due to new voice synthesis technology provided by Time Is Ltd. Vitali Vitaliev speaks to its developer about the JayBee system.
05 October 2010
Watch our features editor single handedly - albeit with expert guidance from Dr Kate Amos of Nanotecture Ltd - construct a nanoporous metal out of soap in the company's Southampton laboratory.
E&T on whether technology and politics are compatible.
15 June 2010
E&T visits Napier University to experience a unique high-tech meeting room developed by Dr Oli Mival and his team.
Some little-known soccer curios: the Football War, the alternative VIVA tournament and a professional engineer who played for a national soccer team.
"The 1950s saw the first big wave of 3D films, but the novelty wore off. Sixty years later, 3D may be back to stay as the technology goes mainstream."
- UK gets new engineering university
- Blind train travellers guided to platform by Bluetooth
- ‘Immature’ Internet of Things hackable with primitive methods
- UK could lose race in motoring technology
- More than a half of London’s WiFi hotspots poorly protected
- People fail to see robots as alternative to care for the old
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.