From October 2015 new vehicles fitted with the EU eCall system will automatically transmit an alert to the nearest emergency services in the event of a serious accident.
28 January 2014
Data available from mainstream online media – such as blogs, social networking websites, and specialist online publications – could be used by malevolent agents to mount a cyber-attack on UK critical national infrastructure (CNI), the findings of an investigative assessment to be presented next week will warn.
Will technology provide a perfect future for the ascent of man? Or is it wishful thinking by techno-pundits who want to believe human progress is all toward a utopian state of existence?
A dozen timely tales from the development of watch technology down the centuries.
Makers of science-fiction TV and movie entertainment have used both imaginary and real-life built environments to inspire their visions of what our future architecture will look like.
"How do we balance security with civil liberties and privacy in today's high-tech but violent world? Can our private lives remain truly private?"
- Global Calculator: high life and climate change can co-exist
- BT plans to launch six times faster broadband by 2020
- BMW cars found at risk of being unlocked by hackers
- I’d like that job – Sarah Doughty, Geographical information systems consultant, Atkins
- New search engine more efficient than Google
- Partners of big data research institute named after Turing announced
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.