From October 2015 new vehicles fitted with the EU eCall system will automatically transmit an alert to the nearest emergency services in the event of a serious accident.
28 January 2014
Data available from mainstream online media – such as blogs, social networking websites, and specialist online publications – could be used by malevolent agents to mount a cyber-attack on UK critical national infrastructure (CNI), the findings of an investigative assessment to be presented next week will warn.
Will technology provide a perfect future for the ascent of man? Or is it wishful thinking by techno-pundits who want to believe human progress is all toward a utopian state of existence?
A dozen timely tales from the development of watch technology down the centuries.
Makers of science-fiction TV and movie entertainment have used both imaginary and real-life built environments to inspire their visions of what our future architecture will look like.
"The benefits of footing the bill to put a British astronaut in space amount to more than just a restorative for national pride"
- IoT: Is our world getting really smart?
- NHS doctors sharing confidential data via unsecure devices
- India rejects Dassault jet in favour of obsolete domestic design
- Kidnap risk increasing for tech professionals overseas
- Ada Lovelace letters to be viewable by the public for the first time
- Pregnant women 'at risk' from fracking, research says