From October 2015 new vehicles fitted with the EU eCall system will automatically transmit an alert to the nearest emergency services in the event of a serious accident.
28 January 2014
Data available from mainstream online media – such as blogs, social networking websites, and specialist online publications – could be used by malevolent agents to mount a cyber-attack on UK critical national infrastructure (CNI), the findings of an investigative assessment to be presented next week will warn.
A dozen timely tales from the development of watch technology down the centuries.
Makers of science-fiction TV and movie entertainment have used both imaginary and real-life built environments to inspire their visions of what our future architecture will look like.
Africa is being ringed by networks of undersea communications cable systems that will play a major part in supporting the continent's future growth.
"What the Scottish independence referenda could mean for engineers and engineering on both sides of the border"
- Supersonic car made of K’NEX parts unveiled
- Finalists of Tricoder XPrize announced
- Whisky matured in space set for return to Earth
- Jaguar E-Type voted greatest car of all time by motorists
- Professor Stephen Hawking backs ice bucket challenge
- Google's Project Wing responds to Amazon’s delivery drones
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast