27 March 2014
A system that helps reduce vehicle emissions by enabling drivers to locate empty car parking spaces, and a tool for making recycling easier, are among the finalists of the PA Consulting Group’s second Raspberry Pi programming competition.
From October 2015 new vehicles fitted with the EU eCall system will automatically transmit an alert to the nearest emergency services in the event of a serious accident.
28 January 2014
Data available from mainstream online media – such as blogs, social networking websites, and specialist online publications – could be used by malevolent agents to mount a cyber-attack on UK critical national infrastructure (CNI), the findings of an investigative assessment to be presented next week will warn.
A dozen timely tales from the development of watch technology down the centuries.
Makers of science-fiction TV and movie entertainment have used both imaginary and real-life built environments to inspire their visions of what our future architecture will look like.
"Even the smallest of creatures in the most far-flung places around the world are getting wired up for tracking"
- Honda unveils updated humanoid ASIMO robot
- 3D printing to transform aerospace manufacturing
- Self-service pacemaker monitoring cuts waiting times
- Smart glasses for blind succeed in Google's competition
- Lockheed Martin to help South Korea build fighter jet
- World’s darkest material unveiled at Farnborough
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.
Tune into our latest podcast